Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WMB of the year
  • singletracksurfer

just wondering what the top 3 were and who won?
    did MBR do it as well?

z1ppy

No top 3, 10 contenders.. all top of there ‘supposed’ class, and I ain’t typing all of them and their classes out…

Best Value was the Boardman HT Pro @ £1000
    Bike of the year was the Santa Cruz Tallboy £2399 (frame & shock)

TBH I haven’t read the article

singletracksurfer

ta. Might be worth a read for me then – thinking of getting a new full sus (possibly a 29’er one too) 🙂

wwaswas

£2399 (frame & shock)

I can’t imagine ever being in a position to justify spending that on a frame.

In 2 years time there’ll be another ‘next big thing’ along.

Andituk
    Free Member

MBR’s bike of the year was the Trance X4 iirc.

singletracksurfer

Yeah that is too pricey for me too 🙁

tomaso
    Free Member

MBRs top FS was a Trance X4 and their hardtail was a Spesh Rockhopper, both of which were quite refreshingly affordable! Quite surprising really.

Not seen WMB’s bike of the year thing but I am surprised that it wasn’t a Canyon given the hard-on they had for them in most reviews.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Didn’t the Anthem X win it last year in MBR? Giant must be sending a lot of advertising revenue their way!

(Edit: though before I’m flamed I do realise that the Anthem is a brilliant little bike, mrs blobby has one and loves it.)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Shall we do a sweepstake for it then?

The contenders:

Giant Trance
    Spesh Stumpjumper
    Lapierre Zesty
    Orange Five
    Trek EX8

z1ppy

Not seen WMB’s bike of the year thing but I am surprised that it wasn’t a Canyon given the hard-on they had for them in most reviews.

For good reason too, this forum has had Canyon’s as the 1st alternative recommendation on every “what bike” thread over the last year or 2…

The Canyon Nerve XC 9.0 was listed as “Best Trail full suspension” in the ‘review’

santacoops
    Free Member

My bikes better than all of them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WMB of the year’ is closed to new replies.