• This topic has 29 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IanW.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Why have all crisps got a saturday as best before date?
  • SiB
    Free Member

Go on, check! Every single bag of crisps has a saturday as a best before date. Any ideas why? I was thinking it was due to crisps having a long shelf life but so have lots of other foods and they havent got certain best before dates.

xcgb
    Free Member

Crisps get made in a factory that normally runs Monday to Friday. As the expiry date is so far in the future, crisps manufactured in the same week probably have the same date. And manufacturers would then push it back seven days every week. It’s the same as saying “Week ending”.

antigee

the same guy puts the pay by dates on credit card statements

edit we all need to get out more

binners

Crisps have a sell by date?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Saturday’s my favourite day for crisps!
    Though pretty much every other day is close contender.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

So they can be sold off in the pub on sat night.

binners

Has there ever been a recorded incidence of a packet of crisps getting near to its sell by date? There certainly hasn’t in my house. Not even a packet of nice’n’spicy nic naks

woody2000

binners – what if it was a pack of Scampi Fries? Work of the flunkin Devil those things, ‘orrible! 👿

higthepig
    Free Member

Crisps in the Netherlands sell by date is on a Friday, perhaps each adjacent country has a different day to stop cross border potato snack smuggling.

binners

You’re right Woody. I’d draw the line at scampi fries. Vile things. Are they technically a crisp though?

Actually, there’s probably a separate thread right there 😉

xcgb
    Free Member

Quavers Worst snack……everrrr tastes like packaging material

Milkie
    Free Member

Mine expire on a Monday..

EDIT: Oh no.. It is a Saturday!

kayak23

Mmmmm, Scampi Fries. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Is it [u]this[/i][/u] Saturday for all crisps? Crispageddon? End of the crisp World?

Do the potatoes know something that the rest of us don’t?

binners

*recoils in horror*

You can’t dis Quavers!
    Have you never had a Quavers butty?

sparkyrhino

It is my mission in life to make sure no packet of crisps (well only seabrook crisps),will ever reach its zenith and pass its sell by date.

xcgb
    Free Member

Quavers butty? no that musty be dry as hell unless you put loads of butter or vinegar to make it taste of something

woody2000

I reckon a quavers and philly sandwich would be a thing of beauty 😀

SiB
    Free Member

Scampi fries and frazzles are a taste sensation when you’re hungover, a bit like McD’s

binners

A McDonalds breakfast is hangover heaven. I’m not sure my hungover nose could handle being assaulted by a scampi fry in the morning. Never mind my taste buds

Woody – Quavers and Dairylea butty’s are where its at 😀

xcgb
    Free Member

I reckon a quavers and philly sandwich would be a thing of beauty

but mainly because of the philly!

sparkyrhino

I see theres no mention of walkers the amstrad of crisps.
    Talking of rank crisps those nik naks ones that smell like a baglady’s tuppance.or even hedgehog flavour rank

Cougar

I saw an advert for Nik-Naks on a poster the other day.

10-bag multipack; three of one flavour, three of another, and three of a third.

Ooo-kay?

brakes
    Free Member

can we have some order please?
    a crisp has to be made of sliced potato. FACT.
    anything else is a potato based snack. FACT.
    unless it’s not made of potato like a ******* Nik Nak which is made of corn, so nowhere near being a crisp. FACT.
    Imbeciles.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Whatever happened to Fish ‘n’ Chips? Although I think technically they were biscuits. Fishy, vinegary biscuits…

p7rich
    Free Member

Bump.

First half constitutes thread of the year so far.

AdamW
    Free Member

Answer apparently:

“Sell by dates on Crisp packets end on a Saturday for the licencing trade. This is because normally dry stock rotation in pubs and clubs in on a Friday, therefore, sell by dates are on a Saturday to ensure sales up to and including stock rotation day.”

molgrips
    Free Member

a crisp has to be made of sliced potato

Surely it just has to be crispy to be a crisp? Otherwise how could things not made from potatoes at all be burned to a crips?

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Was chuckling away at this thread, showed it to the gf and her response was “it’s a bit sad but that turns me on slightly…”

IanW
    Free Member

/\ your in turn off the tinternet and get busy.

In STW style will I die if I eat them on the sunday?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Why have all crisps got a saturday as best before date?’ is closed to new replies.