Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Why does my wife have an opinion on everything?
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Currently ripping out the shower room due to damp, and I’ve told the wife she has final say on tiles, sanitary ware and such like.
    I’ve told her what sort of shower tray she needs but she needs to pick the design.
    Why, oh why, oh why is she trying to tell me how to fit the bloody stuff.
    She’s never picked up a even a paintbrush since I’ve known her so what makes her all knowing about plumbing?
    She’s moaning about the outside of the windows not getting a top coat of paint even though it’s been raining on the days I’ve had free.
    The list goes on.

Are all wive’s like this?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Yes.

DezB
    Free Member

And. They. Are. Always. Right.

😆

peterfile
    Free Member

No.

But given how much hassle a divorce is, you’ll just need to keep bending over by the sounds of things though 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Snakes with T1ts.

The lot of them. 😉

franksinatra

yes. You are wrong, she is right. Just accept it and say ‘yes Dear’ in a patronising voice.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

There’s no need to raise your voice!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No.
    A good one can assemble kitchen units whilst you fit them.

popstar
    Free Member

You need to appreciate woman’s effort and thank her for input. Buy her flowers and do your DIY whatever you like.

Women only get too fussy if they don’t get right attention. Fix her right and be the King.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha we dont have ‘opinions’ we just ‘know’ how everything should be 🙂

(Disclaimer – I am not a wife so cant speak with any real authority and luckily for me I only have to be the bread winner and do everything in my house the job of ‘knowing’ everything goes to my eldest son 🙄 )

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Opps

Houns

You just don’t understand!!

Harry_the_Spider

Yes.

I have known my wife for 13 years. In that time she has had an opinion on everything and gas never been wrong. Ever.

DezB
    Free Member

I am not a wife so cant speak with any real authority

You got that right.

zippykona

Our best seller.

binners

Does anyone know the answer to the following philosophical conundrum:

If a man makes a statement, and there isn’t a woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?

McHamish
    Free Member

We’ve recently moved to a new house, and my current headache is understanding a new set of ‘rules’ that applies to the new house.

If I’m home alone, she comes in and tells me what I haven’t done correctly, i.e. “you’ve left the kitchen door open”, “you should be using the lamp, not the main light”. All hell breaks loose if I forget to switch the kettle off at the wall.

I get moaned at because I don’t wash up straight away after eating (I prefer to digest a bit and relax after dinner)…if I do wash up, she turns up grumbles a bit then rearranges everything on the draining board as I haven’t assembled the dishes correctly.

I sometimes try to help hang the washing out too…usually everything I hang is wrong and has to be redone.

It doesn’t help that it’s Angry Week at the moment.

Kip

wwaswas

I do think it’s quite ironic that people are posting on stw expressing surprise that someone might have an opinion on everything whether they know anything about it or not 😉

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

its why god made bikes and hills

paulhaycraft

If my wife interfered like that I’d politely offer her the most appropriate tool and pop the kettle on. Surprisingly quick learner.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Does anyone know the answer to the following philosophical conundrum:

If a man makes a statement, and there isn’t a woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?
    If a man feels the need to ask such a stupid question……

Bimbler
    Free Member

ltb

samuri
    Free Member

Just a tip gents.

DO NOT, EVER, record your wife’s statements for posterity or to produce them in the highly unlikely event she will contradict herself. Even if she dares you to do it after you’ve pointed out it happens quite a lot.

Don’t.

It is apparently entirely possible to say one thing one day, an opposing thing the next day and still be right both days. Apparently.

crapjumper
    Free Member

McHamish. F### me !! Are we married to the same woman ?

jekkyl

What I tend to do is agree enthusiastically with everything she says & then do just do exactly what I want anyway when the time comes.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Show her the back of your hand, mine has SHUT IT tattooed on it.

scaredypants

Bimbler – Member
    ltb

Local titty-bar ?

Sancho
    Free Member

Why are you even listening to her?

Just remember she can’t talk with her mouth full

bikebouy
    Free Member

Haaaha you have fallen in the trap of actually “listening to your Wife”.

If you blank them out, they go away, well they get louder before the go away but eventually they go away of thier own accord.

You need to know that fact first before applying any Bloke logic to anything.
    😉

nealglover
    Free Member

All hell breaks loose if I forget to switch the kettle off at the wall.

Most things I can live with, but that one I can’t.

What do people think happens if you don’t turn off the wall socket on a kettle !?

grum
    Free Member

Snakes with T1ts.

The lot of them.

Oh dear – big lol from me at that one. 🙂

wwaswas

What do people think happens if you don’t turn off the wall socket on a kettle !?

You get an earful from your partner?

To be fair, there have been endless public information films about turning stuff off at the wall before retiring to bed so there must be some benefit to the process.

Tiger6791

I have an opinion

Curtain or a blind would be a good idea for the ‘new’ bathroom 😀

And ‘yes’

mikewsmith
    Free Member

To be fair, there have been endless public information films about turning stuff off at the wall before retiring to bed so there must be some benefit to the process.

Yes you get up in the morning and put the kettle on and some toast and come back 5 mins later to find cold water and bread.

dannyh
    Free Member

You are asking the wrong question.

What you should be asking is:

“Why do I bother having opinions myself? Surely I should just let my wife determine my opinions – it would save a lot of aggravation?”

breatheeasy
    Free Member

There are two ways of doing things in the world. Mrs Breatheeasys way. And the wrong way.

Though I have discovered a way to annoy her when she’s right. Just saying “Yes, darling” in a kinda resigned way to everything she says is really starting to wind her up proper. It’s the little things that keep a relationship sweet…

wwaswas

Just saying “Yes, darling” in a kinda resigned way to everything she says is really starting to wind her up proper.

We’ve been married for nearly 18 years.

The phrase “Yes, dear” is forbidden because I can ‘no longer say it without sounding long suffering and put upon’.

All that effort paid off in the end 🙂

flicker
    Free Member

samuri – Member

Just a tip gents.

DO NOT, EVER, record your wife’s statements for posterity or to produce them in the highly unlikely event she will contradict herself. Even if she dares you to do it after you’ve pointed out it happens quite a lot.

Don’t.

It is apparently entirely possible to say one thing one day, an opposing thing the next day and still be right both days. Apparently.

No.1 son piped up in the middle of a discussion, “No mum, Dad’s right you did say that.”

Poor sod, the naivety of youth.

Mrs flicker treds lightly when I’m destroying the house, I can be a little volatile when things aren’t going my way, and there’s always room for another patio….

plumber
    Free Member

I decided to get unmarried just for this reason.

She made a decision that directly affected my happiness with absolutely no information at all to reach that decision.

I thought it best not to let that happen again.

I’ve be very happy ever since

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Why does my wife have an opinion on everything?’ is closed to new replies.