Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • Who's doing the bristol bike fest?
  • DrP

There’s nothing I like more than meeting strange men (ooh, sexist) from the internet in real life…!
    I feel I haven’t partaken in an STW jolly for some time, and the BBF is the next big event coming up. I’m riding with the LVIS lot, so post on here who’ll be there, and I’ll make my ‘STW real life’ bingo card…

DrP

clubber
    Free Member

ah so you’re DrP 😉

Go LVIS gold, eh…

obviously I’ll also be there.

daveells
    Free Member

me too.

Eccles
    Free Member

I’ll be up there saying hello to few people, wandering around, offering words of encouragement, getting a few snaps. Not actually racing, perish the thought. Terrible hawaiian shirt and a singular swift, possibly a beer also, if the beer tent has a decent view of the course.

mema
    Free Member

Yep I’ll be there as part of the Macaroon Munchers. But two riders have dropped out so looking for replacements??? Anyone?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Another LVIS rider here, solo SS.

I guess I better start training.

steviep
    Free Member

Me too, old gits pairs team name old and older.

DrP

Gold indeed!
    Can’t figure out who you’d ‘be’ on the team list though clubber? You wearing gold?

DrP

clubber
    Free Member

if you’ve ever seen rocky 3 then you should be able to work it out from my username… purple BTW 😉

flashes
    Free Member

I’m with The Cheesy Riders Mature Cheddar, 6 hour team of 4, old gits on Sunday, all riding ss, except Cab on fixed

spokebloke
    Free Member

Yep, Old Gits on Sunday.
    Can’t remember the name of the team, probably explains why I’m in Old Gits.

DrP

Not seen the film, but google is my friend! Thanks for the email 😉
    I don’t have team kit, sir – pants and vest for me?

DrP

KINGTUT
    Free Member

What size are you DrP I’ve got loads of LVIS kit that’s too big for me.

peteimpreza

mema my email is in my profile. Drop me a line.

DrP

Not seen the film, but google is my friend! Thanks for the email 😉

DrP

DrP

Yay-double post!
    I’m only slightly bigger than Boyd…!
    Usually s/m nowadays! I could wear a mankini?

DrP

wallop

I’ll be there… on the sidelines under a gazebo, with pasta and flapjack for my boys…

clubber
    Free Member

PURPLE pants and vest 😉

what size do you wear?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Not seen the film, but google is my friend! Thanks for the email

DrP

Yes we know, now what goddam size are you?

clubber
    Free Member

ah well then nouveau and Leon may be able to help

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

12 hour Dreaming Tyres mixed pair, we also have 2 men’s teams, women’s team and solo rider, can’t wait propping with weekend to CyB this weekend.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I’m riding for one of the Vegas teams. Orange (sorry – SWOOOOOOSH) Ragley Blue Pig, widest bars in Christendom, unfit rider who’s spent too much time on a one litre Italian V twin rather than the pedal-powered stable.

Looking forward to it – especially the new man-made stuff (which allegedly may have been ridden in a cheeky manner) 😉

oliverherdsman
    Free Member

mema – I’ve been looking for a pair or team to ride with – I’m available if you’re still looking! seend me a message at my username at google mail if you’re able!

excited!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Erm, make that SKWOSH…..

Damn marketing cobblers mumble mumble ……

rondo101
    Free Member

which allegedly may have been ridden in a cheeky manner

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

rondo – your point is?

rp16v
    Free Member

im in the 3 hour on sunday riding solo,will be staying in the bmbc camps all weekend where the big cooking pot is 😆

rondo101
    Free Member

I assume you failed to notice the signs telling you to stay off the new trails as they need 3 weeks to bed in or risk damaging them before they’ve even opened. The ones attached to the fences blocking the trails that you rode around. Clearly an easy mistake to make.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yep will be there again, but solo singlespeed this time, which I may regret. I’ll be the chap on the Pegasus + Lefty. Our “Dreaming Tyres” group has a few teams this year too. Should be ace (if this crap weather buggers off). Go “Dreaming Tyres” !! 😀

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

rondo – I really don’t think two people riding at walking pace, very conscious that the trail was newly-laid, being very careful not to lock the back wheels, leave a mark etc, would have made any difference at all.

Appreciate the signs etc, but no guilt here. Carry on being indignant if you so wish 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

been asked not to so i wont but i dont think opening it 2 days before bikefest is long enough for it to be bedded (altho the recent rain will help) in but oviosley all was delayed due to issues with council,i belive they are coming back after bikefest to re level it as its going to get trashed that w-end

racemonkey

I’ve entered the 12 hour solo on Saturday and one of my mate’s done the same.
    We’re gonna be using it as a social ride rather than racing.
    I hope the new stuff doesn’t disappoint but I agree it’s not going to have much time to bed in.
    Should be enjoyable anyway.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Based on my info-gathering expedition, and as someone who generally isn’t a fan of man-made trails, I think the new stuff will raise a big grin on everyone’s faces 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

have been informed the new upper trail has around 11 berms in it not to dis simaler to the old trail but abit smoother and less ruts lol

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

rondo if its been compacted correctly its ready for use no such thing as bedding in. I was there last week (not on the trails) dont look like they done much more than dump gravel on the previous trails and made them flat. Compaction plant was not in evidence nor geo textiles or any other stabilization. So you should expect very little long lasting trail for the money spent. I expect to be roundly disappointed next weekend on the event as I roll along a flat gravel path masquerading as a mountain bike trail. I do hope I am wrong. 12 hour solo here.

MrAgreeable

Pawsy bear, read this and let me know if your opinion changes.

And yeah, a bit of moderate riding of the trail at this stage is unlikely to harm it. Problem is, there are several hundred people out there who are thinking the same thing. You’ll be riding the trail ’til you’re heartily sick of it next weekend, so in the meantime, a bit of delayed gratification wouldn’t go amiss!

MrAgreeable

Back on topic: I’m joining the layabouts at Wideopen Mag in a team of unfit dossers on the Saturday. I should fit right in.

And

a singular swift

Wha??? It’s like Invasion of the Body Snatchers or something… 🙂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

Oh, where did your moan go, pawsy? 😉 Good job I have it on screen to quote…

davidjey
    Free Member

12 hour solo. On my 30th birthday. Some people at work seem to think this is a rather odd way of celebrating such a milestone 😉

I’ll be the tall bloke on the Cube AMS if it’s dry or Rohloffed Thorn hardtail if it’s not. And possibly wearing a birthday badge.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Who's doing the bristol bike fest?’ is closed to new replies.