Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • who was out riding today ?
  • samcamsdad

Just got home from a route around hawkshead,great sunny weather and 3 pints of loweswater gold in the tower bank arms, where by complete coincidence, my dad rolled up for a pint, after a blast round claife. all in a good but cold day out.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Peaks. Glorious. Frosty to start with. Grippy ice (!?!) down Cavedale, then progressivley stickier as the day warmed up, but still haven’t needed to wash the bikes.

will
    Free Member

Such nice weather today, more windy than I thought, but still great. Sun was brilliant 😆

Road bike is literally ditched now! Didn’t help that a B road turned into a Byway!

oldgit
    Free Member

Beds Road reliability trial, 64 miles in beautiful weather.

stanfree
    Free Member

Stunning , stunning day at GT today . The Diversions made It even better as ended up doing some of the unmarked stuff. A lot of people not heeding the closed signs and doing Spooky anyway.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Very nice weather on Mendip. Intermittent sunshine, 10 degrees, light breezes. The trails were in the best nick since Novemeber. There were even some completely dry and grippy sections!

I had a go at the steep bit on “Bottle Bank” and had a low-speed slide out where I lost grip while braking hard to get around a steep, muddy corner. No harm done.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Hexhamshire was looking good today. This is from Slaley Woods

419929_10100474559118499_197809200_58035778_238474743_n by lemony2012, on Flickr

cheez0
    Free Member

me, exmoor, beautiful.

jaylaz73

Had a good session at Armathwaite woods yesterday including an OTB on steep bit, straight into a tree trunk. Short of time this afternoon but did manage to drive to Newcastleton to ride, only to find I had left my front wheel in the back yard at home! Pesky kids distracted me when getting stuff packed.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yey, me too!

A brisk 4 and a half hour road ride, with an “invigorating” weather mix of hail storms (ouch!) and sunshine, passing snowy road banks and fields of spring lambs.

Plus discovered a great mid-ride pub: http://www.theoldstag.com/ Heartily recommended if you’re ever in the Conwy / Betws area.

Ain’t riding bikes brilliant 🙂

fenred
    Free Member

Great to be out in some sunshine at last! 😀

Local loop was sloppy an slidy in places but awesome ride today…rode, cleaned bikes, shower, beer….Suddenly everything is right with the world 8)

zempy

Working today 🙁

But managed to single speed my ragley at lunch (long lunch!).

Went out for a couple of hours after work and loving the single speedification of the mmmbop!

Its loads lighter than the inbred i canabalised for the bits.

ooh… and the peak district sunset was lovely!

Jamesy
    Free Member

Oh yes it is sue 🙂 i even enjoyed the buzzing sensation 3 hours after the ride after the hail had hit my legs, does that make me odd?! 🙂

exiger
    Free Member

First road ride of the year for me today, 60 miles in 2h54m a PB. All the turbo trainer work over the last 2 months has paid off….

With a bit of luck Dartmoor will start to dry out soon so i can get back on the real bike.

simondbarnes

101km in the sun this afternoon 🙂

Sunny Sunday Afternoon by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Sunny Sunday Afternoon by simondbarnes, on Flickr

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Was a cracking day out there. Supposed to be 17 degrees this way by then end of the week 😯

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Yup, the ice has (nearly) gone in the Lakes 😛

Jamesy
    Free Member

Whereabouts is that chunky?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

South East

ChrisL

Northwind and I ended up doing more of the black at Glentress than we’d planned to, due to the diversions. It was a bit chilly at the top but otherwise it was a gorgeous day and a great ride.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Cannock was pretty muddy today, lovely weather though.

stanfree
    Free Member

Chris L was Northwind riding a Cove F/s , think I might have spotted you both at the bottom of the pierun about 2.45.?

yunki
    Free Member

a pleasingly muddy and slippery ss session in the woods with yunki Jr strapped securely onto the co-pilot..

lee93
    Free Member

Lovely sunny day at newcastletion did the blue first then red just for a change bit mucky and icey bits but it was a blast

DarrenH

Had a great hour and a half blast while the twins had their lunchtime nap.
    Painswick beacon, popes wood, coopers hill, cheeky footpaths then home.
    Ten and a bit miles, did the trick nicely 😀

stratman
    Free Member

Around the Derwent reservoirs with the familiy – cold but still lovely, and the meat pies at Fairholmes were welcome. Reservoirs were fuller than I’ve seen for years, wioth water running down the face of the two higher dams, and disappearing down the plughole at Ladybower

PS trailofdestruction where’s the picture from? We’re regular lakes visitors and tha path looks great!

carlphillips
    Free Member

downhilling at Gawton…was ace.

ChrisL

Chris L was Northwind riding a Cove F/s , think I might have spotted you both at the bottom of the pierun about 2.45.?

Northwind was on his Hemlock and I was riding my Mojo. We did stop and chat to someone on a green Cove Hustler at the top of the Pie Run so if that’s the Cove you saw then we were in the area at about the same time.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘who was out riding today ?’ is closed to new replies.