• This topic has 50 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Who was out for a good friday ride?
  • rOcKeTdOg

this was how we rolled today, including Bacon, egg and sausage sarnies and cake!

22 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

NW Alps by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7qWVHsLOg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

21 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

hope everyone else had as fab a day as we did

samuri
    Free Member

Nice. Unfortunately and very unusually, I’ve felt a bit ill today. Banging headache and eye pain for the most part so I’ve stayed in. See how tomorrow is.

simonralli2
    Free Member

What a great piece of trail. Where is it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Not out today as I’ve been looking after my 5 day old son and ever so slightly tired wife :mrgreen:

Gonna get a couple of hours in tomorrow afternoon though

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stunning day in Surrey Hills, bit of everything 50k and time well spent

simondbarnes

Looks good.

I had a quick ride in grim conditions up to the top of Winter Hill and back. Just about thawed out now.

Danger! by simondbarnes, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

The NW Alps 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambalya – which bit were you riding. First time for me at the weekend (Freeborn demo day) and seemed busy but not excessively so. We were doing lots of loops on Pitch. Great day.

bellys
    Free Member

Yep 5hrs on saddleworth moores bloody cold and loads of snow. 😳 great day out with 25 turning up to ride.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Recce’d the first half of the Peak 100, as I’ve been quietly bricking it about the 7000ft of climbing the whole thing contains. Got up Mow Cop and did a few of the other nice climbs – with this being the first one on the route, on the Hanging Gate ridge. Think the snow plough might have been through in the past couple of days… 😉

OCB
    Free Member

Nope, curiously enough it seems that 13 days hasn’t been quite long enough to allow for my partially amputated finger to have healed reliably enough to ride with (actually, I can’t even bend it).

Jokingly I’d say lets see what tomorrow brings, but it’ll be the same for [at least] another couple of weeks yet I ‘spose.

🙄

I did get to sit in the sun and catch up on my reading tho’ – so it’s not all bad.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Great day up in the lakes today. Set off from Ambleside, iron keld, oxen fell, hodge close, little langdale, Elterwater and finishing off with the cracking decent down Loughrigg terrace. Managed to keep fine and ( surprisingly ) very few walkers considering we were at the honeypot of loughrigg.

Rydal water, at the bottom of Loughrigg terrace.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bimbling around the FOD trails at Cannop. Party atmosphere. Liked the final Verderers section so much I repeated it 4 times!

fenred
    Free Member

Hours lap of the local woods in fantastic sunshine this morning (first time on 26″ wheels for 4 months 😕 )

Then play riding with my daughters in the street this arvo…6 year old has attack position dialled !! 8)

sparkyrhino

Lucky t###ts,just finished cleaning up after a day of preping/painting,another 2 to go.
    OH THE JOYS

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

30 miles of lovely dry fast trails all over the wigan area, Superb 😀

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Did a nice xc loop from Belper, up and around Bonsall Moor.

We did quite a bit of pushing and carrying!

Dancake
    Free Member

First ride of the year. (short one with the dog)

Gave it all up at xmas and sold up. By the end of March I was begging for cheap bits to build something to ride.

Thanks to great STW classified bargains, a bit of luck and the awesome generosity of friends, I am riding again. Ace

Another 456 by Dancake2010, on Flickr

the cable disc brakes worked fine, the rejuvinated old forks were smashing, the frame fits brilliantly (my first 16″ 456 ), the wheels stayed straight, and the bars I extended at work stayed in 1 piece.

fathomer

Dog and Monkey at Cannock for me, had a good ride. Wish I lived somewhere closer to great trails like the majority of you seem to.

elaineanne
    Free Member

Lots of technical riding around the calderdale valley today. I’m tired now.lol

yunki
    Free Member

a half-hearted trundle over to Grandma’s house with the family in tow followed by everyone taking the long route home around the bottom of the village..

Bregante

No such luck here as the bike was still farked from last weeks OTB 😳 . Instead I spent the morning fettling new mech hanger, rear mech, chain and rear wheel. It’s now blummin great again apart from a bloody rotor bolt that I’ve managed to ruin the head of 👿 .

Working all weekend now so am planning a scenic jaunt into work tomorrow a.m 🙂

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that film Gaz, thanks for that 😀

penguinni

I just went to the local woods on my todd.

You can’t actually see the trails but they are drying out very nicely and riding exceptionally well!

Helens Tower, Bangor, Northern Ireland.

rOcKeTdOg

welcome back Dancake

matt, more filums uploading 8)

binners

We had an absolute belter from Rammy. Up to the tower and over the moors. The root-fest that is Bucky woods was dry and non-slippy. Up to the turbines in the mist, then a corker of a pretty much flat out descent. Just got back from the post-ride pub jaunt. perfect day really 😀

Singletrack heaven

proutster
    Free Member

Quick spin (or that was the plan until I got up to Charity Lane – see below) round Macc Forest.

Found some new (to me) single track through the woods as well – great fun, if a little slippy on the wet roots with my summer tyres on (fitted two weekends ago – prematurely as it seems).

hora
    Free Member

Hebden/Calderdale for me on my first ride back from Gastric flu (well I’ve still got it but no food stops the squits)- I only saw one other mountain biker but I was heckled by two middled Aged roadies 😆

Bregante

binners, I need to get back up to Rammy soon for a ride. Working all weekend now but keep us posted?

elaineanne
    Free Member

Hora you must hav seem me n my son, we were all round hebden and its steep ruggedness today. Green orange five and purple orange alpine.

Bregante

Didn’t you see Hora elaine anne?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@teamhurtmore – we rode Holmbury, Pitch and Winterfold Hills. One of the group hadn’t ridden the area before so we did the well known trails on Holmbury, after lunch stop we rode Pitch from 1:00 till about 2:30

Ride around Shaftesbury today including Gold Hill (Hovis advert)

Anna B in the foreground.

More @ http://www.dorsetroughriders.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2780

allthepies
    Free Member

Is that where the trail ends up going through the lake ? 🙂

tommytowtruck

Claife heights for me today with my brother-in-law then home for fish and chips and a beer. A most excellent day.

tracknicko
    Free Member

touch of road, dodging rain and patches of snow.

singletrackmind

Worked early doors
    Chesham to collect a new sail
    Swinly Chaos from around 11.30.
    Traffic was awful round the M25 so cut through Ascot to get there . Then pretty much got the last place in the car park .
    Had some fun on all the usual trails then got my @rse handed to me over the far side on part of a Gorrick lap beyond the corkscrew . He was logo’d up with Bike Trax lyrca and wasnt hanging about .
    3 hours pretty much non stop ,and dust everywhere .

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    bjj.andy.w said » Rydal water, at the bottom of Loughrigg terrace.
    Is that where the trail ends up going through the lake ?

Bloody viewranger 😉

TiRed

Just back from a night road ride from my old village in Oxon to Windsor. Sadly could only ride half way as I had left my pump at home 🙄 , and once the sag wagon (family) had caught up, I decided discretion was the better part of valor. Still 22 miles in 1hr 10min is better than no miles, and the A4130 is lovely at night.

Dorchester Abbey looked serene this Good Friday.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Cwm Rhaeadr, Gorlech and Derwen trails today. Fantastic trip . Left at 5 this morning and just got back.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Who was out for a good friday ride?’ is closed to new replies.