• This topic has 41 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Alek.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Who the f*** is greig brown ;)
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

The wee shite won 10 utb with total destruction…. riding glasgow to edinburgh daily for 3 weeks seems to have helped ….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Forgot to say 9 laps worked out at 1160m climb. Not as much as it felt tbh,..but it was 1 up and 1 down pretty much …top of lazy k was a welcome sight

radoggair
    Free Member

pfff, 9 laps. Who does that?

P.s., Greig Brown….thats me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Liar – greig brown is smee 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

10 UTB didn't know what hit it.

Awesome ride Greig!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i heard there was dust coming from his back wheel – even in the rain

Btw anyone else finding that mud hard to shift ? I resorted to using swarfega on my legs to get the engrained stuff out ….think it removed the skin too ….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'm Greig Brown!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Doh!

CFH beat me to it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Great effort Greig – how did the trail-prat finnish? 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

he was 10th, so he told me when i lapped him on lap 8 😛

radoggair
    Free Member

Btw anyone else finding that mud hard to shift ? I resorted to using swarfega on my legs to get the engrained stuff out ….think it removed the skin too ….

half a bottle of degreaser helped with the bike but my legs have a permanent mud tan line now

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Nice work guys.

Would've loved to have been there and pwned the pairs but I had an exam yesterday (WTF??? Saturday exams?). As it is our lot managed 22nd pair. Bit of a switch from 4th last year.

We'll see what happens come Relentless, eh?

radoggair
    Free Member

SpokesCycles – Member
    Nice work guys.

Would've loved to have been there and pwned the pairs but I had an exam yesterday (WTF??? Saturday exams?). As it is our lot managed 22nd pair. Bit of a switch from 4th last year.

i'm sure some of your bunch came podium in trio's or quads though, distinctly remember a spokes cycle rider passing me quite quickly on the trail

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Aye, they usually get up there in trios. Always a good effort on their part.

Pairs is my field of expertise really. Always had 10 under as an "end of exams" treat to myself but the new dates just weren't going to work for me. Really miffed actually- I'd promised myself after disappointing myself so much last year that I'd podium this year.

Superb effot on the solo, is that your first win?

wideload
    Free Member

Superb effort.

Any idea where the results will be posted for the rest of us mere mortals?

radoggair
    Free Member

Superb effot on the solo, is that your first win?

yeah, normally place quite well or would but generally am quite unlucky with punctures etc. Did ride last 5 or 6 laps with 3 broken spokes and laps 2 – 7 with my left cleat stuck in my pedals ( lost 1 bolt, other came loose, so foot was jammed in pedal 🙁 ) which was quite unnerving

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Heh- it's all part of it. 10 hours is not kind to a bike.

Wait til you solo Strathpuffer, you'll be amazed at what can happen to a bike! I've only ever done it as a 4 and it did quite enough damage.

Congratulations, I suspect you'll be the sort that gets addicted to wins.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not sure what the left hand is doing here.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

As it is our lot managed 22nd pair. Bit of a switch from 4th last year.

Hey, I was pretty pleased with that. Conclusive proof that the Evil is a proper race machine…

Alek
    Free Member

How many laps did you get then Greig?

I have had to be content with 9 laps in under 10.5hrs placing a lowly 17th! The energy just drained from me on that last lap 😐

Really enjoyed the course and the weather made for some interesting riding. Well done to all solo's……..that was tough day at the office.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Good to hear wasnt just my rear wheel that took a beasting …..what was a perfectly good wheel now is one spoke short and has as much tension as a whores nicker elastic

radoggair
    Free Member

How many laps did you get then Greig?

done 11 laps in about same time, though my 9th was a trully terrible lap physically

Alek
    Free Member

Good effort 🙂

Did you do nine Terry?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye alek 9 in 9.44 coulda got another but wouldnt have changed anything from where i was looking . Team mates assured me the guys infront were already a good way into lap 10- not sure how much of that is true but it felt good to hear at the time

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye alek 9 in 9.44 coulda got another but wouldnt have changed anything from where i was looking . Team mates assured me the guys infront were already a good way into lap 10- not sure how much of that is true but it felt good to hear at the time

ton

well done big man………. 😉 8)

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Well done Greig.

Northwind

Congratulations! That's bloody well done.

You fit b******s are a bit insensitive though don't you think, flying up the lazy K at 30mph while we're all crawling up on our hands and knees…

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Fortunateson- can you walk now? That's an unsettlingly good result for someone on a singlespeed radcore machine heavy enough to crush boulders.

It's an unkind field in pairs. There's no mercy. And I don't envy you pounding that thing up that hella steep thing near the start of the lap (if it was in this year).

radoggair
    Free Member

You fit b******s are a bit insensitive though don't you think, flying up the lazy K at 30mph while we're all crawling up on our hands and knees…

if its any consolation, i walked up the last half ot it on the last 3 laps ( my lead was over half an hour at the time so self perservation came into play)

* plus it was bloody steep*

radoggair
    Free Member

does anyone know photographer(s) for event??

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

F*** me dude you did good, must have been my mid week training regime that gave you that winning edge 😉

swavis

Oliver Coates was there again and his photo's are some of the best.
    I'm totally shattered today. My first attempt at solo and I managed 6 laps. Would have had time for a seventh but not the energy.
    I've never seen so many rear mechs missing 😯
    Loved the new techy/slidey/rooty additions to the course. I don't think everyone did though 😈

Edit; Well done ont the win by the way. Mental! 😮

Northwind

"Loved the new techy/slidey/rooty additions to the course. I don't think everyone did though"

I liked them mostly, except for the daft one that ran parallel to the blue and just was a total waste of time, but then I had a proper tyre on the front and a gravity dropper :mrgreen: Lots of people on pure racy kit didn't seem so happy. Made me feel temporarily like a god, until the next climb arrived anyway!

radoggair
    Free Member

F*** me dude you did good, must have been my mid week training regime that gave you that winning edge

dude, win is dedicated to 2 things.

Our midweek and weekend rides and my crew at the race who were magnificent. Cheers Stuartie_C and co

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nice one Swavis!

Stuartie – how did you get on?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Greig – you're very welcome, although I think all I did was hand you a water bottle at one point. Jim did all the hard work!

My race was a bit of a disaster S_F. Got off to a good start, making a lot of ground on lap 1 then my mate Jim fell on the wire-covered boardwalk on his first lap and buggered his wrist. Thus our pair became a solo.

My second lap turned into a calamity with what seemed like a simple puncture at the high point of the course, but I couldn't remove the tubeless valve (lock nut had seized) and had to walk back to the start (following the proper course so it counted as a proper lap). It took a lot of brute force with borrowed pliers and molegrips to wrench it out and get a tube in, by which time I reckon I'd wasted 1 1/2 hours.

From that point I was riding solo and I kept going without further incident until the bitter end (was touch and go whether I'd get the "11th hour" lap in, but I made it with 10 minutes to spare).

I think I managed 7 laps on my own which gave the team 8 in total, so we managed to salvage a respectable total after a truly disastrous first 5 hours.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol – doing it the hard way! Looks like I'm free for Kirroughtree – looking forward to it, either solo or pair I think.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

dude, win is dedicated to 2 things.

Our midweek and weekend rides and my crew at the race who were magnificent. Cheers Stuartie_C and co

It was that extra resistance training towing a broken me back from St Mary's Loch last week that gave you the edge.

radoggair
    Free Member

It was that extra resistance training towing a broken me back from St Mary's Loch last week that gave you the edge

i tried to blank that out of my memory, but go on then, i'll give you some credit as well. Here goes

And thanks mainly to Grumpystevo who decided to hit the wall 15 miles from the car and then allow me to push and pull him all the way back for the extra resistance training 👿

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Who the f*** is greig brown ;)’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts