• This topic has 55 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Who still buys Full Cream Milk?
  • TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Just wondered because everyone I know drinks semi skimmed these days.

Apart from my solitary bottle of real milk the fridge is full of green tops at work, same where my missus works too and all her friends drink SS too

Puzzled who does buy good old blue top, someone must as the supermarket has a good range and can't see them stocking something that won't sell

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I always do when cooking or just drinking the stuff. Semi-skimmed on my Weetabix, though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Defnitely. Semi-Skimmed is like watered-down beer ffs. Just wrong.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Blue top or preferably gold top to drink. Gold top lovely to make milkshakes with. Perfect post ride drink.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Full cream for the kids and skimmed for us.

donsimon
    Free Member

Semi-skimmed, that's disgusting!! Hate the taste of fat in milk, don't need it so get rid of it!

Skimmed is the future.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But why semi-skimmed, FoxyChick? Why?

Don Simon you're just wrong.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Good old Jersey Gold Top, lovely on cereal.

Always bought Homogenised milk when we lived in London, but don't seem to see it here, just Pasteurised.
    (no Rock Eel in the chippy either, but that's another story)

M6TTF
    Free Member

Silver top for young children, semi skimmed for me

Drac

Yeah we do for the kids. For young kids your supposed to for calcium count or something that and it's nicer. I'll use semi-skimmed though skimmed is utterly pointless it has no taste may as well use water.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Fully leaded juice of the cow! Mmmmm

hora
    Free Member

Goldtop if I can get hold of it. Otherwise Soya milk in my Muesli.

I wont go near semi as it tastes like stale-wee compared.

fubar
    Free Member

Full fat for kids under 2 I think was suggested to us (you've now prompted me to consider swapping to semi as she is now over 2)

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I thought skimmed was the water that was left over after you rinsed out a roller full of white emulsion

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I thought skimmed was the water that was left over after you rinsed out a roller full of white emulsion

Innit. No point at all drinking that crap. Skimmed milk exists so that people can feel they are 'cutting down' on fats. Thing is, whole milk contains more vitamins and other nutrients, and the fats are metabolised/broken down more easily than fats in other foods. There's so much bullshit bout the 'benefits' of skimmed milk, but any decent nutritionist will tell you whole milk is the healthiest option. Cut down on other fats instead if you're that worried, or just bloody exercise more lazy bastards sit around watching shit on telly then drive to supermarket to buy loads of needless crap.

Skimmed milk ffs. Part of all this low fat this, low salt that, 'I'm too thick to work out what's a good diet so I'll pay snake oil merchants loads for stupid 'healthy bacteria' type shit in tiny bottles' bollocks.

And you pay the same price for skimmed milk for a fraction of the goodness. What a complete con.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Full fat every time. Not even worth thinking about.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Elfinsafety…I don't have much milk at all. If I want a glass of milk then I drink the fully-leaded stuff, but in my coffee or tea I have to have fully skimmed. Anything else just tastes "claggy".

chewkw
    Free Member

Full fat milk, full cream, full fat cheese, full fat butter etc … eat in moderation you will be fine and able to enjoy them but eat more you get fat and cholesterol in your blood. Was 'told off' recently during my platelet donation as they got plenty of fat instead out from my blood. 😳 Yes, I accidentally indulged lard the day before.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

If you really want a treat, big bowl of Frosties or Sugar Puffs, pour on small pot of single cream, leave for few minutes for cream to soak in and then enjoy.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I'm going to have bacon sandwich. I'm going to fry the bacon, and I'm going to butter the bread. Mmm…..

Because I'm Worth It.

teagirl
    Free Member

Imagine rice pudding made with semi-skimmed, utterly wrong. We have a mixture of semi and full delivered in glass bottles 4 times a week, 32 pints all told. My milkman smiles every time I pay him. 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

i drink it by the pint – a real milk shake is only a milkshake with gold top 😀

i may have gone to the shop on the way home one night after a very long ride and bought 2 pints of gold top and a bottle of crusha chocolate

then drank the lot 😀

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Good on yer Elfin, be having none of that vile scrape

luked2
    Free Member

A pint of full fat milk after riding a hundred miles around Kielder reservoir just hits the spot perfectly.

Semi-skimmed? Nasty stuff. 😯

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I don't have a problem with fat in milk at all. I just don't really like the taste of full-fat in drinks.
    I fry my bacon. I use butter, not marg.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Well I drink skimmed milk, although not for any purported health benefits, I've always drank it, parents had it when I was younger so I was brought up on it basically.

It's fine on porridge, in cereal, in tea or just to drink. I have never liked cream and while I can tolerate semi skimmed, full fat is just too creamy for me! Anything other than skimmed is rank in tea as well.

freddyg
    Free Member

Elfinsafety -Member

I'm going to have bacon sandwich. I'm going to fry the bacon, and I'm going to butter the bread. Mmm…..
    Because I'm Worth It.

Keep the butter, that's just wrong.

Instead, grill the bacon and use the bread to mop up the bacon fat that's dripped into the grill pan.

Nomnomnom… Aaaaargh, my chest.

timdrayton
    Free Member

My missus buys red top cravendale then puts asdas own low fat spray cream in it with her cereal…..

ffs

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I used to work with a guy who put nothing but cream in his coffee.

tron
    Free Member

My missus buys red top cravendale then puts asdas own low fat spray cream in it with her cereal…..

I don't think I'd be able to contain myself if I witnessed that kind of horror in the AM.

jimsmith
    Free Member

yea im in with elf too
    I remember hearing somewhere that the fat globules are bigger in full fat milk so dont pass through the gut membrane as easially.
    the whole pasturising an homogenising of milk is pretty crap really.
    I deliver whole milk direst from the farmer to the local area an its so so much better than the crap you get in a carton

TimS
    Free Member

Semi skimmed for me. Means I can have extra ice-cream 😈

Militant_biker

We got some 'straight from the cow' milk a few months ago. Tasted good! For some odd reason it reminded me of the smell of the not-yet-aged-to-be-sold Kilchoman malt I had last year. De-yummy!

Normally, it's blue top all the way. Interestingly, now we're in the US of A, the blue is fat-free and red is full fat. Argh!

And never any milk in coffee. Cream yes, milk – NO!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Gold top is lovely on cereal, but i haven't had that for years and years.

I drink semi-skimmed – much nicer for most uses.

Skimmed milk is trully disgusting and as far as i can see, pretty pointless.

I have sometimes wondered what 1/4 fat milk would be like (a 50:50 mix of semi and skimmed). One day I'll drop by my my local store and invest 70p in two pints of each to see what it tastes like.

iDave
    Free Member

skimmed is like drinking ugly water – vile stuff

alpin
    Free Member

me.. i **** love milk. nothing better than a nice reamy milk and a smoke.

there are a few Alms (mountain cow milking institutions) that i've frequented over the summer where you can buy frsh milk straight from a cow. mmmmm… thick creamy milk.

uplink
    Free Member

Always bought Homogenised milk when we lived in London, but don't seem to see it here, just Pasteurised.

I think it's pretty much all homogenised now

Ringo
    Free Member

Me, tea dont taste right otherwise

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I think it's pretty much all homogenised now

Strange how some milk doesn't get creamy on the top when left which I would think would be homogenised, but others do
    My local shop is Waitrose and their essential full cream milk is definitely less creamy than the dearer range

Me, tea dont taste right otherwise

Exactly

spw3

I do. Semi-skimmed is gay, skimmed is pointless.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Who still buys Full Cream Milk?’ is closed to new replies.