Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Who has all the blue pigs and mmbops?????????????
  • ton

i have a nervous twitch…….so who is selling em.
    who has stock ❓

druidh
    Free Member

Not telling….

ton

bribes ❓ ❓

ton

well…….someone must know…. ❓

wors

i'm sure only ti version is in the shops at the moment, think Brant said they were due to land next week sometime.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I think Druidh is dropping hints to a certain, well known, well loved bike shop in Edinburgh that a few on here work at…

😆

nbt

I've got one. Bit small for you though Ton

As Wors said, the stock is being shipped over, due to land next week. There are a couple of Ti versions out there as demo bikes, but not steel or Aluminium AFAIK

wors

how are you getting on with yours nbt?

nbt

wors – Member

how are you getting on with yours nbt?

Two shakedown rides, one night ride and one 2 hour local blast on it so far. It climbs well and descends better – the limiting factor seems to be me. Have tried climbing with the forks set at 95mm and at 140, tbh it is better at 95 but not so much that I will be doing it unless I jknow it's going to be a tough climb. Have notice a couple of occasions where the back wheel has spun as the positioning puts you so far over the front, though.

Brant was asking me if it's a keeper – quite aprt from the fact that I am enjoying it, it's a keeper for the fact that the paint job on the chianstay is wrecked after one reasonably rocky ride, I think I might need to get a chainstay protector!

wors

if you are over rivington over the next few weeks, give us a shout. Just so i can size it up 🙂

18bikes

Ragley Ti is out there, we've had a stock frame but not done a demo (not enough demand, yet)

Blue Pig due roundabout the 18th, to distributor, so a few days after that to shops/folks, all being well. We'll have an 18" demo when that happens.

MmmBop due early Sept.

We're taking preorders on BP and MB, to get people frames as soon as poss…

hora
    Free Member

nbt- how does it compare to your old on one? Weightwise etc?

Trekster

very tempted by the BP version to replace my old Bonty, but for the paint job quality.
    Noticed on some pics that it was well chipped on the bb/3 finger area on some of the prototypes.#
    Will this be an issue?

Sizing

I am 6ft, normally ride 19"/L sized bikes so will the 18" do me for general XC/hike-a-bike duties?

Whats the best affordable/budget fork?

Cant afford a bling version so will be swapping as much a s I can from old bike.

nbt

Very similar weightwise to the 853 inbred, based on holding both at once. I'm not a weight weenie though, I realise I'm not the most careful rider so I build bikes that work and sod the weight

hora
    Free Member

I was in your shop on Sat 18bikes. Got some bloody lovely stuff in there.

hora
    Free Member

How does it compare to your old Chameleon?

nbt

Trekster – Member

very tempted by the BP version to replace my old Bonty, but for the paint job quality.
    Noticed on some pics that it was well chipped on the bb/3 finger area on some of the prototypes.#
    Will this be an issue?

Depends how precious you are about your paint jobs. the chainstay on mine is ratty as f*** already due to chainslap. Powdercoating would last longer I think but I suspect would be more expensive

nbt

hora – Member

How does it compare to your old Chameleon?

Old chameleon? Well, yes I suppose it is old, but I have still go it. Haven;t ridden it since building the blue pig. Could do with a back to back ride over the same route to test it out really. Might try that soon.

Trekster

nbt…"precious you are about your paint jobs."

You have`nt seen my bikes 🙄

Not to precious but thought it might last a bit longer

btw.. how do you do that box quote thing?

nbt

Trekster – Member

btw.. how do you do that box quote thing?

Use the quote buttons? What browser are you on? I think someone mentioned the formatting buttons don't appear in opera? otherwise, you can manually type it like this:

<quote> Trekster - Member

btw.. how do you do that box quote thing? </quote>

But replace the angle brackets with square brackets

Michael-B
    Free Member

I think I’ll get a Blue Pig from Chevin when I get back of Holiday and that will be a 20” If you fancy a go after I’ve built it up ton I'm in Leeds

richc
    Free Member

there's not precious about the paint, and shitty paint jobs tho.

I thought I wasn't precious about the the paint until I got one of the Cove Stiffee's that lost large chunks of paint inside 6 months. Personally I feel that if the paint jobs are of a lower quality than a £99 halfords bike that ain't on.

Fingers crossed Brant hasn't cut corners/costs by saving pennies in this area, as the rest of the bike looks pretty sorted.

hora
    Free Member

Santa Cruz's had a bad rep historically on paint though- didnt effect the frames performance tho!

ton

Michael B – Member
    I think I’ll get a Blue Pig from Chevin when I get back of Holiday and that will be a 20” If you fancy a go after I’ve built it up ton I'm in Leeds

thanks mate. i might hold you to that……..if i have nmot bought one before… 😉

Trekster

richc..thats what I was thinking but couldnt articulate!!!!! Ta.

Granted the frame is a good price but the package as a whole, once built, will not be

Michael-B
    Free Member

Well I'm back of holiday at the beginning of Sep and it shouldn’t be too long after that.

giantjason
    Free Member

does anyone know if you have sliding dropouts on the blue pig?

i would be setting it up as an alfine and dont want to ruin it with a tensioner.

Trekster

new Orange P7 will have a swappable drop-out system from what I`ve seen.

Too many choices in steel atm.

Chevin
    Free Member

Hi ton! 😀

We have all sizes of Blue Pigs coming. Due @ 10 days according to the importer.

Matthew

(Just checked the 20" coming is in black)

nbt

giantjason – Member

does anyone know if you have sliding dropouts on the blue pig?

i would be setting it up as an alfine and dont want to ruin it with a tensioner.

No, the current version has regular vertical dropouts, but a singlespeed version is in the pipeline

Michael-B
    Free Member

Chevin I was hoping to get a skwosh yellow 20” from you do you know how long that would take? I’ll try pop in over the weekend to pre order maybe. I’m on holiday for two weeks from Monday and have my new Ti29er to build 🙂 up so there’s no rush.

nbt

richc – Member

there's not precious about the paint, and shitty paint jobs tho.
    True. The paint is dinged where the chain has slapped the chainstays. It's no worse than the marks I had on the inbred though. only time will tell how resilient the rest of the paint is

Chevin
    Free Member

Michael B – YGM

Chevin
    Free Member

Phone call from Hotlines this morning…..We get our Ragley Blue Pigs this Friday!!!!

Chevin
    Free Member

They're here!!!!!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Who has all the blue pigs and mmbops?????????????’ is closed to new replies.