Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which winter lube do you use?
  • filks

I’ve just tried Fenwick’s allegedly ‘winter’ ‘lube’, which appears to be purple water with some kind of rust enhancer in.

What should I get instead?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Finish line

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

putoline chain wax

cp

I rate purple extreme year round, simply as its so clean. Need to re apply a little more often in winter, but it’s great stuff.

forge197
    Free Member

Purple extreme all year round here too

IHN

Rock’n’roll Extreme all year. Soon to be Rock’n’Roll Gold.

Not, repeat, not Muc-Off winter lube. Imagine what your chain would look like if you soaked it in crude oil and then shook it around in a bag of coal. That’s what it’ll look like after one-ride with Muc-Off lube. And so will your cassette and chainrings. Imagine how easy something that has been soaked in crude oil and then shook around in a bag of coal would be to clean…

AndyP
    Free Member

Pedro’s Syn Lube

FuzzyWuzzy

The newish Muc-Off C3 stuff works pretty well (as in it lasts a fair bit in the wet), not particularly clean though but then no lube I’ve tried that can last more than a couple of hours wet riding keeps the drive train looking clean.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve been usign the Winter Juice Lube, very good stuff.

jambalaya
    Free Member

FinishLine Wet – the green one.

thecrookofdevon

+1 for Finish Line Wet Lube. However I can never seem to buy it cheaply anywhere.

mttm
    Free Member

Always used Finish Line wet (green top) and it’s superb, but… the new Finish Line Ceramic wet lube seems even better. Lasts a bit longer and I swear the transmission feels smoother (this may be entirely in my head, though!).

nealy
    Free Member

Rock’n’roll Extreme all year. Soon to be Rock’n’Roll Gold.

This +1

I’ve got both but only use Gold when it’s properly dry…so use Extreme all year round 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which winter lube do you use?’ is closed to new replies.