Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Rim for Cyclo Cross and Touring???
  • tommid
    Free Member

Ok about to build up a new set of wheels for my Crosscheck so will be doing some touring and cyclocross duties.
    I was thinking of some Salsa Delgardo Cross rims, but they are only in 36hole and I have 32 hole hubs. So which 700c 32 hole rim?
    So do I go with Open pros? Open Sports? CXPs? What please help and where from?

clubber
    Free Member

Open pros or CXP22s would be my choice depending on how light/durable you want to go.

myheadsashed

TK7.1s

epicyclo

Just been through the same process and it's TK7.1s. No idea if they are good yet 🙂

myheadsashed

I've only broken one. TBF wrecked the forks at the same time…… 🙄

westkipper
    Free Member

I love CXP 33s, not much heavier than Open pros, much stronger, nicer ride quality and big braking surfaces- important to consider when your pads are wearing a little.

STATO
    Free Member

Ive got A719's. Wider so you get a better profile for cross and can handle some serious abuse on a fully loaded touring bike. Open pro's are probably good enough, but depends on how heavy your likely to go when touring.

firestarter
    Free Member

open pro here i run them on my 29er my cx and my roadbike cant fault them

druidh
    Free Member

I hope the answer is Open Pro, coz that's what I've ordered for my new tourer,

convert

Salsa Delgardos can be bought in 32H – built up a couple of pairs of them – great rims, build up really strong and not too heavy. Try Billy's for stock. Rigida Sputniks from spa cycles are also a great vfm touring rim that I've used as a tough pair of cross rims too – but they might be 36H only.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Rim for Cyclo Cross and Touring???’ is closed to new replies.