Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which one is the most sain D/H run at inners
  • robhughes
    Free Member

I,m off up to bonny scotland for 10 days and will be doing most of the stains and various bits and bobs.
    Fancy throwing the spicy down hill.
    Now i,m no D/H god so the easiest one first me thinks. 😉
    Cheers guys…

Tonylem
    Free Member

Make or break is probably easiest, finishes at top of Caddon bank as well.
    They’re all doable, but there are some big drops on the likes of Matador.

legend
    Free Member

Gold run from the quarry down, or down the tunnel and use some of the race links across the New Luge, then into Deer Hunter for the second half.

Not Make or Break or Caddon Bank unless you’re after some crappy trailcentre ‘freeride’ type stuff

robhughes
    Free Member

Cheers Tony… 😀
    Extra padding i think….
    Iv,e done inners a few times and always fancied having a go.
    Only ever had my Trance X with me so the beefed up spicy should be good…

robhughes
    Free Member

legend.
    Just looking at the trail map trying to sus that lot out… ❓

mrplow
    Free Member

Do Legend’s route for a good run. You can ride round all the jumps and drops at Inners so any trail is fine at your own speed.

legend
    Free Member

iirc the trail map just has Gold, Cresta, Matador and Make or Break – Caddon Bank?

Gold is really easy to find (sign posted)
    The tunnel is almost impossible to miss (quarry road gap goes straight into it), and when you come out the far end you’re on the ‘luge’ then you’ll see tracks on the left, these are (first) a race link into the ‘new luge’ then the ‘new luge’ itself

Northwind

Make or Brake has a nice start then becomes just a load of jumps. It splits in two and gives you Double D’s Downhill as an option, which is also just a load of jumps. Suppose it’s alright if you like jumps!

Legend’s run makes sense to me but if you want to stick with one of the official runs, then both Gold and Cresta are perfectly doable by a competent rider with a good head. I get them hopelessly mixed up since we don’t often do full runs but they’re both nice. Don’t think about them as downhill trails, it’s just riding your bike. There’s a lot going on, and occasionally some steep stuff but just riding your bike.

robhughes
    Free Member

Cheers northwind.
    Jumps don,t worry me but rather be doing some fast steep rocky stuff.
    Just flicking through you tube to see what looks nice.
    Can,t wait…10 days of riding..leave in 16 hours and counting… 😀

Northwind

Inners has very few rocks on the DH trails btw… It’s made of dirt and trees. But it’s fab. Worth hooking up with Uplift Scotland if you can, otherwise you spend an awful lot of time pushing up the hill.

legend
    Free Member

When are you planning on visiting Inners? There’s an SDA next weekend, so any number of trails could be interupted (apart from Make or Brake and Caddon Bank)

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks for that legend.
    will be in the week then…

Bagstard
    Free Member

If you want rocks then it has to be matador, you can go around the drops if you want to.

robhughes
    Free Member

Well…went up to inners today to do the XC route and was planing doing the D/H,s tomorrow.
    There,s a diversion half way down minch moor that brings you out not far from the tops of the D/H sections so decided to go for it..
    Was quite surprised at the ease of make or brake.
    Great bit of trail and a couple of nice wee doubles.
    I am now a certified D/H god(joke) and will be doing the others tomorrow.
    coiled up spicy really came into it,s own…well for me anyway.
    I now know what you mean northwind…It is a little bit jumpy.
    Tomorrow awaits… 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which one is the most sain D/H run at inners’ is closed to new replies.