Home Forums Bike Forum Which mixer headset?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Which mixer headset?
  • hora
    Free Member

Zero stack top 1 1/8 to 1.5 bottom – recommendations and (you never know!) anyone got a King one for sale? 🙂

nuke

Hope Pick N Mix

hora
    Free Member

How do you ‘buy’ the Hope pick n mix though?

I think I need a zero stack 44mm diameter top headset and a 1.5 to 1 1/8 reducer bottom cup (ideally as low stack as possible).

nuke

You need a 2 + D as per Hope…

… although if you want to go low as possible you could get the HS136 one shown at the bottom, I think.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think the HS136 just reduces the diameter of the headtube (though not entirely sure to what) and you still need another lower headset to pop in there.

Edit: sorry, that should be the other way around, that the HS136 pops into the headset and reduces the diameter from 1 1/2 to 1 1/8 so you’d need E and HS136 at the bottom… probably.

Wozza
    Free Member

How do you ‘buy’ the Hope pick n mix though?

Hora, you walk into Northwest MTB and say I need a headset for this… and then you walk out with all the bits you need.

HS136 is an £8.99 aluminium spacer that replaces the crown race. It’s got an external diameter of 1.5″ and an internal of 1″ 1/8th. slides on and has a lip to keep the crap out.

hora
    Free Member

2 + D

Will do. Ta 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 what wozza said.

2+D is fine unless you want a lower stack hight.

foxyrider
    Free Member

BTW King don’t do integrated.

MussEd
    Free Member

This isn’t for a Spesh Enduro 2010/11 is it Hora? I’m having difficulty figuring out what I need too…

hora
    Free Member

2011 Turner 5spot.

I’ve given up on UKbikestore- been trying to order them for almost 20mins.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just be patient – they are normally very good?

Edit: all seems working fine here now?

hora
    Free Member

Go to basket- then prompts me to login again. Login (basket empty). So go back and re enter items (whilst logged in) – same again. 😐

foxyrider
    Free Member

hmm- sounds like a cookie problem 🙁

Mine seemed OK – did a dummy order and all went through OK?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Why not give them a ring – they are very helpful?

02392 528 932 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Did you get them Hora?

wwaswas

18bikes do them.

hora
    Free Member

I’m thoroughly confused.

Hope tech say its should be 2 B but from my thinking the 2011 5spot headtube is 1.5 throughout giving a 44 internal measurement throughout??

hora
    Free Member

Ah it is 2 B.

44 internal straight headtube so bottom cup is 44/30

hora
    Free Member

foxyrider I called ukbikestore and was lucky in that a knowledgeable chap answered. Its actually a straight forward 44mm integrated hope headset which luckily is the same as 2 B.

Thank you :mrgreen:

RustyMac
    Free Member

hora ukbikestore are great for that, every time i have called to ask about a part the person on the other end of the phone has ben really knowlegable.

You sir a a jammy git for getting a 2011 5 spot frame, even more envious now. With the new 44mm inigrated headset size at the front you will be able to run tapered steerer forks with a new lower cup and race if you so decide later down the line.

hora
    Free Member

Full marks to SilverFish UK and Merlin for a quick turn around and customer service.

I’ve never had a warranty issue before on a frame so I was abit ‘worried’ how long it’d take etc. It took 1 hour.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Which mixer headset?’ is closed to new replies.