Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which HT BB – for easy aftermarket bearing swaps?
  • chalkstorm
    Free Member

Guys

I'm looking to buy a cheap HT2 BB – something I can easily swap the bearings in as and when they die (so regularly!). I had a deore job – but was told it was too narrow for the replacement bearings?

What is anyone else using as the base for their bearing swap-out programme?

Ta

stuartm555
    Free Member

i've got a couple of superstar BBs which are easy – although they are a year or so old so the design might have changed

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Thanks Stu

I think that there were 2 sizes SS used….

Think this would be ok for new bearings once the originals die?

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=188

clubber
    Free Member

I bought a superstar one simply because the bearings are easy to replace when they die. I was expecting that to be quite quick but have actually been quite suprised as they must now have done a few hundred miles without complaint.

Fruit's still a c0ck though.

stuartm555
    Free Member

looking back at my order it was this one i bought last:
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=32
    but that seems to be sold out now.

not sure on the aerozine one but i guess superstar will know the answer

thomthumb
    Free Member

I had a deore job – but was told it was too narrow for the replacement bearings?

betd can replace shimano bearings. they seem good too.

theotherjonv

I've just used a hex socket set to knock out the bearings from an Aerozine BB with no issue and then pressed in some 6805 2RS ones I got off ebay using a treaded rod and washer press.

So far so good, and the ease and price I paid for the bearings if I get 500 miles a pair out of them I'll be well happy.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    I emailed SS some time ago and their response was vague to the point of they didn't know the width of the bearings!
    I'll give that aerozine one a shot…
    Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which HT BB – for easy aftermarket bearing swaps?’ is closed to new replies.