Home Forums Bike Forum Which DSLR camera mtb'ing backpack?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which DSLR camera mtb'ing backpack?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

What DSLR camera mtbing backpacks are out there that you use and recommend?

Standard sized camera with a standard lens plus a zoom lens as well and maybe a go products and bits.

Cheers

smashit
    Free Member

I’ve used a lowepro photo sport 200aw a lot when guiding. Super comfy and great access for camera. There is a pro (30L) version with a removable camera pod which looks even better, and also a new photo sport 200II which looks good.

Tip: I found that when biking, taking the aluminium rod out of the back allows the pack to hug your back better and it moves around a lot less. For hiking and climbing its better with the rod in.

sharkattack

I’ve got a Lowepro but I wish I bought a Dakine Sequence.

I also like the look of the Shadow X Greenfilms but it’s a bit more urban, skate, bmx style.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have DaKine Reload for 2 DSLRs, 3 flashes and a lot of lenses. If I can cut it down to just one big zoom and one flash and three lenses I use a Lowepro Reflex.
    The DaKine is ‘better’ in terms of ancillary storage but leads to me taking too much stuff.
    The Lowepro is a fine bag but is weird as the access is in the part of the bag that goes against your back. Also no storm cover. Not a problem really as the zips are against your back.
    I’ll fire off a pic if you want.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’m liking the look of the Lowepro photo sport 200II

but are there any more out there?

GregMay
    Free Member

John – take a look at the Evoc Photo Scout. I’ve binned myself at full speed with two bodies and several lenses and they’ve been fine. Bag and owner had a hole, but the cameras we’re fine :)

Rik
    Free Member

Best by a country mile – Google Mindshift Gear 180

JohnClimber
    Free Member

WHY SO MANY CHOICES…….?

thanks all

ninfan
    Free Member

I got my 200AW from China via eBay for under £40.

Couldn’t tell the difference

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I was looking at a mindshift 180 like the idea.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

I got my 200AW from China via eBay for under £40.

Couldn’t tell the difference

Thanks for this one, found a supply for it from in the UK (just a bit more that £40) but with free postage and another bit of kit I need.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which DSLR camera mtb'ing backpack?’ is closed to new replies.