• This topic has 37 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Where's my killer death heat wave ?
  • zippykona

Sorry for crap picture but it’s a crap paper and it’s pissing down with rain and the mud is back.
    Bastards.

Drac

What’s mud?

What’s rain?

iainc

20 plus and wall to wall sunshine right now in Aviemore 🙂

zippykona

Bastards!

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s in the imaginations of the editors.

When will people realise this is all total bollocks.

If you want a proper discussion read this:

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx

We’re leaving for holiday on Friday, to a place where it’s always hot and sunny in the summertime. This makes me sad a bit, because hot sunny weather in Britian is so much better than it is in places where you can depend on the weather.

Drac

Well that’s the south for you always raining.

johndoh
    Free Member

Even if it was raining (which it isn’t here either – I wish it was because I am currently pouring £££££££ out of my hosepipe onto my vegetable plot every night), 86f is hardly a heatwave – it’s top end of warm.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nah. Anything over 25C is officially HOT in the UK (according to me).

johndoh
    Free Member

Surely we have to be 90f+ before it’s hothothot?

weeksy

I’ve just had my mate telling me the same… it’s lovely here in Berks.

gwaelod
    Free Member

weather charts show unsettled/low pressure with atlantic weather systems crossing the country over the next 2 weeks –

http://www.metman66.com/chart_gfs16day.htm

no sign of heatwave…you need high pressure and the lime green/564 line on those charts to even start thinking about heatwave conditions.

grum
    Free Member

It’s been sunny and warm in Yorkshire for weeks. Dust was becoming a problem until we had a few showers recently. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

@home today, I think I need to take the MTB out for a spin at lunchtime.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Dust problem in Fife too. Not much rain for the last month but this weekend looks dodgy 😐

gwaelod
    Free Member

have no fear drought stricken scottish people..I shall be holidaying in Fort WIlliam next week…expect normal scottish summer conditions to resume soon.

ahwiles
    Free Member

It’s been sunny and warm in Yorkshire for weeks…

apart from the snow last week…

(Lutton, my parents tell me)

grum
    Free Member

apart from the snow last week…

(Lutton, my parents tell me)

Your parents are trolling you surely?

olddog

Sunny in Yorkshire (as above) – Mrs OD was complaining about the trails being too dry and losing traction on the climbs.

OP I think your problem is thinking that the Express is anything vaguely resembling a newspaper 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m doing a long distance triathlon at the end of the month. Anyone mind if we stick to 20, overcast but fresh until then?

gwaelod
    Free Member

There were hailstones up Yorkshire way last week but not snow. Hail is common in summer/warm weather.

rOcKeTdOg

That’s the same paper that forecast 3 months of snow misery last winter, we had barely a flake

welshfarmer

Wall to wall sunshine and mid 20s here in SE Wales and has been for past 4 days. In fact other than a couple of days rain we have had a fantastic sunny summer so far. Streams running low and grass not growing like it could be. Hopefully the weather patterns will shift soon and give me a sunny trip to the Alps in a fortnight 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its taps aff in Edinburgh.

I am a useless sloth in anything over about 15degC

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Northwest UK, and conditions are akin to a large dustbowl, once a week it will try and have a sporadic shower which won’t come to anything, then back to wall to wall sunshine. The trail dust is going to surpass 2013’s arid desert at this rate 😀

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Another great morning for hitting the trails. View from the decking, blue skies installed, uploading caffeine….

cheers_drive

Just got back from a week in Denmark which was very hot, humid and sunny. Expected it to be the same here when we got back last night 🙁

Drac

Was red hot here yesterday and heading that way this am too. God bless the North.

swavis

It was scorchio here on Speyside yesterday, had to dust off the new Puffin, literally 😉

Not looking quite as nice later though…

zippykona

Honestly, I’m really pleased for you all!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I5 hours in the pentlands last night actual pentlands dust on my bike… On top of tbe dried mud from previous trip!

CountZero

Drac – Moderator
    Well that’s the south for you always raining.

Oddly enough, it is actually raining here in the Kingdom of Wessex, North Wiltshire section, for possibly the first time in a fortnight, and maybe a month before that. Should be dry again tomorrow, and most of next week. As regards the Daily Excess, they consistently get their forecasts spectacularly wrong; I think it’s the Met Office data they rely on…

Drac

We had proper rain on Wednesday for a few hours, that was the first time in about 2 months.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

What rain?

At cannock chase

dpfr

As regards the Daily Excess, they consistently get their forecasts spectacularly wrong; I think it’s the Met Office data they rely on…

The DE is actually notorious for not bothering to use any source that might be vaguely credible.

See here

busydog
    Free Member

At least in the UK you have some rain to complain about. 😉
    We have had eight/tenths of an inch since early February and I haven’t had to clean the bike since then except to clean/lube the chain every couple of rides and blow dust/grit out of the mechs with the compressor.

Drac

Well that’s what I get for taking the piss, it’s pouring down here today. On the bright side I’m working overtime today so it don’t matter.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Some rain overnight at last in the northwest, garden needed it lawn was starting to yellow. Forcast dry and wall to wall sun again later. With a dry week to follow. Epic dusty trails 8)

Drac

Ok the suns back but I can’t go home for at least another 10+ hours.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Where's my killer death heat wave ?’ is closed to new replies.