Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to visit on the Gower Peninsula
  • Daffy

Any recommendations? Travelling from Bath.

midlifecrashes

Day trip? Three Cliffs bay, walking across after tea and cake at Pennard/Southgate tea rooms, if you time the tide right you can have a quick peek over into Oxwich Bay too. Do as many bays as you like finishing with sunset at Rhosili/Worms Head. The little restaurant next to the pub is nice, but I really like Castellamare on the rocks at the south end of Mumbles. The path from there west along to Langland and Caswell bays is fantastic too.

TomB

Walk along top from rhosili above llangenith beach, then back along the beach. Worm’s head is lovely too, tide dependent (don’t swim it, people have been lost trying!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Caswell is crap.

Currently staying at the campsite overlooking Three Cliffs Bay.

Been to Rhossili, which was very exposed and windy – didn’t go onto Worms Head, but strolled along the beach. Had a quick look at Oxwich Bay, but didn’t really explore too much and drove to The Mumbles, but wasn’t impressed.

Nothing I’ve seen could knock a spot off the beauty that is Three Cliffs – it is absolutely stunning. Fantastic dunes, lovely sand, breathtakingly beautiful scenery – and what’s more, there’s hardly anyone there.

We’ve spent 4 wonderfully sunny days on the beach – this pic is taken on the walk back up (I’m struggling to load more on my GPRS connection), but it’s pretty much the view you get from the campsite and with the pitch we have, from our caravan….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to visit on the Gower Peninsula’ is closed to new replies.