Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to stay near Golspie?
  • Neil-S
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking for somewhere to stay near Golspie.

Ideally a campsite or bunkhouse but I’d consider a B&B or really cheap hotel.

Does anyone have any recommendations? (of places to avoid as well as places to use!!)

Cheers 🙂

Neil.

Highland28
    Free Member

There are a couple of nice campsite down by Dornoch or Embo beaches, both are very nice beaches, and dornoch is a very nice small town, only about a 10min drive up to the trails, there are also a couple of hotels in golspie itself, the Ben Bhraggie hotle and the golspie inn, but i am not sure what these are like or what sort of prices they are.
    While you are up there I would recommend also taking a trip to Balblair, it is up just beyond Bonar Bridge, and is a very nice quiet trail which isn’t used all that often. It is more geared towards xc with some quite technical sections.

bigdonx
    Free Member

Avoid Brora!

legend
    Free Member

I’ve heard good things about Sleeperzzz http://www.sleeperzzz.com/ £15/night

mark_b
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at Sleeperzzz for a couple of nights up that way. Very quiet (when we were there) and certainly has a rare novelty factor. For £15 a night i don’t think there is anything to compare out that way that is as close to Golspie.

Just down the road is the SYHA Carbisdale Castle – not stayed but it looks very impressive and you have trails on the doorstep.

Neil-S
    Free Member

Great, thanks everyone!

Sleeperzzz is pretty ‘unique’ isn’t it?!

Neil.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Sleeperzzz.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay near Golspie?’ is closed to new replies.