Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • where to go in hospital
  • jacko54321
    Free Member

im not 100% sure about my wrist after an operation i had last week, i phoned the orthapedic help line and theres no answer, should i just go into a&e and ask to see a doctor?

or even better if there are any doctors on here should i be able to move my 2 middle fingers 8 days after i fractured my radius and ulner, i had an operation on sunday, i van move the from a clenched fist to a kind of claw, its not that it hurts to much to move its that i just cant, it does hurt alot on the back of my hand when i try.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu should have a follow up appointment after surgery. Wait for that. If you can't wait for that go and see your GP

I would expect a lot of stiffness after surgery but I don't know if what you have is normal

Do not go to A&E – in what way is it an accident or emergency?

Nibsy
    Free Member

After I fractured part of my wrist and hand, after the cast was off I had to go to Physiotherapy for a few sessions. They gave different excercises/stretches to get full movemtnt back.

highclimber
    Free Member

does your hospital have a fracture Clinic? give them a ring if so

Drac

If you can speak to the secretary of the guy who did the op on Monday that is one option.

Fracture clinic on Monday is another some may be open today.

Visit your GP.

It's no a recent accident and far from an emergency your recovering from surgery so don't take up space in A&E.

If you in severe pain visit a walk in centre or minor injuries unit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘where to go in hospital’ is closed to new replies.