Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Where did you meet your SO?
  • Houns

Ah lloyds bar, met a few potential Mrs Houns there 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mrs Toast – love the story

ericemel
    Free Member

McDonalds!

emma82
    Free Member

In a club, Id run out of money and he offered me a drink, was perfect really. 11 years on and he still buys my drinks!

Candodavid
    Free Member

My SO was my dental nurse, she couldn’t stand me.
    I found out she was separated and hassled for ages to go out for dinner, eventually we did. That was 11 years ago and we’re still together.
    Most expensive meal I have ever had!!!!

spooky_b329

Went to my end of school ball without a partner, left with one 🙂
    Three months later she buggered off to Uni 200 miles away, then she moved 100 miles closer to start her Phd and we moved in together. Phd lasted about 6 months as she hated it but we liked the South Downs more than Dorset so stayed.
    Its been 10 years this month, getting married next month. She got into cycling when we met, we’ve never been on holiday without the bikes. Her bike cost more than mine and she chose a cycling holiday for the honeymoon 🙂

afrayedknot
    Free Member

At work. He had his eye on me for a while, but I hadn’t really noticed him. Then I found out he had a VW campervan just when I needed to borrow one. So I emailed him to ask expecting to get a “no”. I did get a no, but at least it gave him an excuse to email me and ask me out…. I did end up in the campervan after all.

SaxonRider

Met in high school (equivalent of Sixth form here), and both of us dated other people while admiring each other from afar. Finally, after a few sneaky encounters, we began dating each other openly.

Then, after I’d finished my first degree, we got married, and she began paying my way through all of my subsequent academic work.

The wedding was 18 years ago, and I just finished a post-doc this past year. 😯

Lucky we like each other.

philconsequence
    Free Member

wet t-shirt night at a rock club

crotchrocket
    Free Member

She stepped off a path and I run her over (I was on a bike and too young to drive).
    She maintains I swerved to hit her. I maintain she threw herself under the wheels.

Most likely answer is that I had target fixation as I’d spotted her 20meters earlier and was “watching her style” as she walked away from me 😉

That was 22years ago and I’m still not grown up 🙁

MrsToast
    Free Member

Mrs Toast – love the story

Cheers! My brother had similar with his wife, they met at the gym, and she was very chatty, asking him if he was married, flirting for weeks… and he thought she was just being friendly. He eventually twigged when she asked him whether he’d like to go for a drink. No, he didn’t twig at that point, he thought she just meant a drink in the gym bar. He twigged when he turned up at the gym bar after a workout and she was there glammed up to the nines. They’ve been married 7 years.

I think our family just has a gormless gene when it comes to receiving signals from the opposite sex. 😐

bikebouy
    Free Member

My Sailing Club.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Where did you meet your SO?’ is closed to new replies.