Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • When do we start seeing manufacturers 2011 bikes ? Orange 5 Evo interest
  • shredder
    Free Member

On the back of the Santa Cruz thread when do we start seeing new bikes. Keen on seeing if any of the features on the Orange 5/Evo come through.

Finding it hard to not press the button on something.

Cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

You'll usually see any worthwhile improvements made by Orange on the next batch of frames they make, think there were three different 09 frames last year.

romster
    Free Member
    davefarmer
    Free Member

orange launch their new bikes about september every year

shredder
    Free Member

Yes plan to give them a call just not sure how much they would give away. Surely it could affect sales on current lines ?

romster
    Free Member

i'm pretty friendly with the uk sales manager to be honest, email me your query to andy@romsterbikewear.com – i'll forward it on, get a reply and then shout you back what he says via email if you want?

saves you calling them if they don't want to give too much away?

Worth a shot huh??

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks romster YHM

romster
    Free Member

i'll keep an eye out for it shred, nothing come through as yet mate.

druidh
    Free Member

coatesy – Member
    You'll usually see any worthwhile improvements made by Orange on the next batch of frames they make, think there were three different 09 frames last year.

By that I assume they made 3 frames in 3 different colours 😀 Has the 5 frame actually changed since they introduced the bent top tube?

shredder
    Free Member

Should have it now

ojom
    Free Member

Got some scary news today about Lapierre bikes being announced in July… FFS. Thats just silly.

romster
    Free Member

Got it – forwarded it on – as soon as a reply comes back i'll forward it on for you.

Cheers Shred

lovell
    Free Member

Orange have an official launch at the end of October normally, by this time they have usually been shipping next years components (forks,drivetrain etc..) for 4 months. They normally bring new frames out on the Halifax product when it is ready and not before. There have been some New Five prototypes kicking around for a few months under the Strange brand (Orange's prototype brand) Bike Treks had one I think, they have tapered headtubes 1.5 to 1 1/8th and a 34.9 seat tube to stiffen up the back end a little? Hope this helps

shredder
    Free Member

lovell yes it's the one at Biketreks which ive seen which got me thinking.

shredder
    Free Member

Yes one and the same as the Biketreks one in the link I sent you Andy. Alas too small for me in 16" 😥

romster
    Free Member

Rich i have just sent you an email regarding the Orange info mate for your eyes only!

Hope it helps some.

Cheers

Hornet600
    Free Member

You can't say for your eyes only!!

I'm interested in the new 5 too, anything interesting?

hora
    Free Member

Yes I want to see another single pivot bike with a **** lame acronym and high price tag.

romster
    Free Member

Depends how exciting Rich finds the news Hornet – speak to him fella!

🙂

LordOnOne
    Free Member

I was told by a guy on a Strange Five to look for a multi linkage bike of similar travel to the current Five on the Orange site in June.

coatesy
    Free Member

4 days late, but in reply to Druid H, yes, different cable guides/routing, different headtube(hourglass shape, no longer stepped), and think the head angle may be slacker too.

ChrisL

Has the 5 frame actually changed since they introduced the bent top tube?

At the very least there's been incremental changes to the design of the swingarm since then. I think it is made up of fewer pieces and welds than it used to be…

stevede
    Free Member

Oh the mystery! I'm in a real dilemma now as i'm halfway through paying for a five which i'm yet to order from my lbs, just keep putting cash there way until i'm fully paid up to about the 3k mark.
    Without anything solid to go on i'm wondering if i should wait until sept and see if the evo hits the production line or order now at 2010 prices and possibly get more for my money. I'm looking at a pro with xt,m4's,maxle,hope headset,819's,thomson etc.
    If anyone could give me a nudge it would be massively appreciated and definately not blurted out on here, its my first brand new build in many years and i don't want to be kicking myself in a few months time, my email is in profile if anyone could be so kind.
    Cheers,
    Steve

kelvin

Can Hora not be banned? No good reason – other than it would make this forum a bit more pleasant.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

*cough*

I'll be taking that down in an hour or two.

igm

I've seen the 5 inch Strange – someone I know was riding it the other week and it was in the Orange van at Dalby on Sunday too. Personally I'm unconvinced but then I haven't ridden it.

The other (more interesting to me) thing they had at Dalby was a Strange that looked like it was a Five with a larger diameter seat tube, massive flared head tube, possibly slightly more svelte swing arm and swappable dropouts (maxle, QR and straight bolt through to be available apparently). It looked like a good old fashioned Five but with some of the niggles addressed.

They also said that larger diameter seat tubes will be filtering through the range to become standard – but not when.

Hope that helps / feeds the rumour mill.

And Orange if you're out there – I was the one towing my son's bike.

brooess
    Free Member

Spoke to BikeTreks today and they reckon that IF that Strange ever gets manufactured, which is not certain, then 2 years before it is. A Five AM is the obvious answer to your problem if you want to buy soon…

grantway
    Free Member

Na the Strange 5. Well was known as the Alpine 5 made in 2008
    and only 15 made through its frame sizes and also had an
    adjustable rear shock mount the same as the Patriot
    and could take upto a 6 inch rear shock.
    The one that is shown on JeJames web site is not one of the
    15 made and is one that was made just before what you have now
    that is the Alpine 160. So I would call that a Strange 160.

There is a Strange 5 in this months MBR mag that shows intresting
    updates to the Orange 5 frame.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got some scary news today about Lapierre bikes being announced in July… FFS. Thats just silly.

Don't be such a tease.

Do I need to cancel the Zesty I just ordered?

igm

They had two five inch Stranges – one like an ST4 one more like a traditional Five – hope that confuses the issue.

juan
    Free Member

tbc that will teach you to stock shite bikes in your shop 😈

ojom
    Free Member

Do I need to cancel the Zesty I just ordered?

not at all. Frees stock prolly wont be arouns til october at the very earliest.

Juan – may i point out you have a Kona… Le Premiere Noob Biciclette. Non? 😀

juan
    Free Member

Kona are ace at least they work decently… The only thing lapierre have done well in the last 4 years is the marketing.

ojom
    Free Member

Actually i think they are poorly marketed as a brand. It's one of the best bike brand to let people demo – they always come back with a smile. That's what makes them ace.

chakaping
    Free Member

Phew. October is a long way off, glad I'm so weak willed that I bought one now.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Had a very brief go on a laperier on Sunday, they don't half shift accross the ground! Although the head angle did feel a bit on the slack side.

simonm
    Free Member

They had two five inch Stranges – one like an ST4 one more like a traditional Five – hope that confuses the issue.

ST5…that sounds good…would orange ever do that ? they would kill there own sales of 5's

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Shorty121
    Free Member

Looks awesome I think i'll stick to my single pivot 5 tho 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘When do we start seeing manufacturers 2011 bikes ? Orange 5 Evo interest’ is closed to new replies.