Home Forums Chat Forum what's your favourite dinosaur?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • what's your favourite dinosaur?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

i like dinosaurs :D do you? oh you do! of course you do :D what’s your favourite?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Triceratops or Stegosaurus.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Styrackosaurus. As a kid I was given a model kit of one with a wind up clockwork mechanism. With some help from my father I managed to put it together and get it wound up and walking.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Dippy:

I might go and see it this week actually.

Why? Because I can! :D

CaptJon
    Free Member

Pretty brave winding up a dinosaur

DezB
    Free Member

Went to the Natural History Museum on Saturday, it was fab.
    Not quite a dinosaur, but there was a dodo skeleton, thought that was awesome.

For dino, I’d have to go with the ol’ triceratops.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Went to the Natural History Museum on Saturday, it was fab.

And you is not tell me? :cry:

kimbers

triceratops or stegasaurus for me

cant wait till kimbers jr is old enough to appreciate dinos!

TheFlyingOx

Tyrannosaurus types. Specifically this one:

paulosoxo
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

And you is not tell me?

Thought about you, was a family thing though and Lydon is scared of you.

brakes
    Free Member

that massive one in the sea which is like 30m long and was on the Planet Dinosaur programme recently – wasn’t it called ‘X’ or something?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member

Pretty brave winding up a dinosaur :lol:

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why he is scared of me poor child? 8O

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Things seemed to have moved along a lot in the world of dinosaur’s since I was a lad so I need to do more research.

DezB
    Free Member

You know him, meek and mild little boy.

He liked the pangolin, not quite a dinosaur either.

camo16
    Free Member

Either Mosasaurs or John McCririck

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

meek and mild little boy

:lol:

They’ve got jars of intestinal worms and that in there. And I love the rocks room. Got space stuffs in there!

‘These are the oldest things you will ever see’

I’m still freaked out by that.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Rod Stewart.

yunki
    Free Member

That giant bird on David Attenborough’s programme last night.. Like a 200 storey Maribou Stork/bat/lizard..
    It was picking up Brachiosaurs like a Blackbird picking up caterpillars..

(some or all of this may have been in my imagination..)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Arn’t the meteorites far older than the dinosaur skeletons? (and many are replicas)

It boggles the mind, how they move a meteorite around the world and how unimaginably old those meteorites are…

philconsequence
    Free Member

TSY may i recommend the aforementioned ‘planet dinosaur’ which is available on the BBC’s iPlayer! it was that show that made me realise how dinofacts had developed since i was an enthusiastic young fellow.

i still love dinos like i was a kid, thinking i might get my left arm tattooed with a loada dinosaurs having a sexy party.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

No, don’t do that…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I like the stegosaurus, because it has a thagomizer and I like that the word ‘thagomizer’ is starting to see more widespread use. However, my real favourite dino has to be the Ankylosaurus, just for its sheer Johnny Knoxville Jackass talent of being dumb and being tough

Harry_the_Spider

Stan (Manchester Museum)

Rex

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

it was that show that made me realise how dinofacts had developed since i was an enthusiastic young fellow.

Ohhh! What’s changed?

Cougar

Did you know, there’s no Brontosaurus these days? It’s an Apatosaurus, apparently.

No, me neither.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahh reverse psychology, you’ve convinced me. now i just need to decide exactly how sexy the sexy dino party will be…. hmmm, would a velociraptor look silly in a party hat?

CM – not changed per say… more ‘developed’ with the useful new science stuff they keep developing, super special medical scans of fossils and such. all very clever.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Did you know, there’s no Brontosaurus these days?

I knew that

It’s an Apatosaurus, apparently.

I didn’t know that/

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

diplodocus

Cougar

I didn’t know that

I am, however, buggered if I know why.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Things seemed to have moved along a lot in the world of dinosaur’s since I was a lad so I need to do more research.

Where have they all come from? When I was a kid we had the stegosaurus, the dippy one, t-rex, triceratops and the flying one. That was it! Did they just discover a load more to make Jurassic Park more exciting?

DezB
    Free Member

Ohhh! What’s changed?

We’re living in a new golden age of dinosaur discovery.
    John Hurt said it and he should know! (He’s an actosaurus.)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I am, however, buggered if I know why.

In fact, similar to ducks’ legs. Two of them were both the same.

Some bloke found a little one, called it (now i know it was) Apatosaurus, then he or maybe someone else, found a much bigger one and thought it was a different animal so called it Brontosaurus. Then they realise that they already had one of those, so they could get rid of it

philconsequence
    Free Member

there was the land before time and jurrassical park, these were the only dinosaurs most kids knew about it seemed in my generation. i got a bit obsessed and learnt about other ones but i think recent digging in countries that hadn’t really been checked for dino fossils has really opened up the worldwide picture of different versions of the dinos we know and love.

i blame binners of course.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil – I’ve seen some of them… it is the reason that I don’t feel able to comment at this moment.

Some of the dinosaurs starring in that current series take the pish out of my old fav’s.

Junkyard
    Free Member

my kids joke one
    Doyouthinkhesawus

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I am, however, buggered

8O

Brontosaurus sounds better. Sounds beefy and mean. Apatosaurus sounds like a baby milk product gone wrong. :|

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

i blame binners of course.

More than reasonable, You know that eyeball-licking thing? Well, it’s a throwback trait to his ancestral heritage:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘what's your favourite dinosaur?’ is closed to new replies.