Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whats the riding like near Perth?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’m looking to relocate to Perth area and was wondering what the riding is like… anyone provide help?

I’ve heard about Aberfeldy and ridden in the Cairngorms and Laggan.

cheers

Ricks

iain1775
    Free Member

GT and Inners 90 minutes away
    Laggan 40 minutes
    Comrie Croft is ok if short (do multiple laps)and 20 mins away
    Carron Valley likewise (just over half hour)
    There is Kinnoul Hill with several trails and mini downhill runs in the city centre almost
    Lots more places between Perth and the Forth
    Trossachs and miles upon miles of natural riding all around too – its Scotland
    I visit with work quite often sometimes take the bike and ride in the evenings, never done the same route twice in 18 months

bigG
    Free Member

Iain if you can do those journey times you are FLYING!!!

GT and Inners 90 minutes away — [list]69miles away[/list]
    Laggan 40 minutes – [list]58miles away[/list]
    Comrie Croft is ok if short (do multiple laps)and 20 mins away [list]25 miles away[/list]
    Carron Valley likewise (just over half hour)[list]48 miles away[/list]

Other than that your recommendations are spot on. Plenty of riding in the hills around Perth, Dunkeld etc..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pitmedden too, not far.

geoffj

Add Dunkeld and Kinnoul Hill into the mix too..
    + Blairadam (30 mins)
    + Falkland (30 mins)

iain1775
    Free Member

BigG I’m not a local, I don’t do the drive often and normally from various places around there rather than just Perth, for instance i ride Carron when in cumbernauld, comrie when in crieff, time estimates may be a bit out I was guessing off top of my head (but usually I will be going back late evening when no traffic so yeah would be 60/70mph most of the way)

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, that gives me some ideas for thought 🙂

mactheknife

rickon, Loch Muick and Glen Doll area about an hour 20. Some amazing natural riding round there. Along with Ben Lawers etc about 45 mins away.

Pitmedden is a good wee forest track but only in the dry, its getting hammered in the wet at the moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whats the riding like near Perth?’ is closed to new replies.