• This topic has 90 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by kerv.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • What's the most boring sport?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

That has some sort of popularity anyway – to watch? To play?

Just been reading about Curling; I really can't see the appeal.

AndyP
    Free Member

Watch – anything involving cars.
    play – football

GaryLake
    Free Member

Deffo the big three dullards of Snooker, Cricket and Golf – **** me!

DezB
    Free Member

Watch and play – golf. But I really wouldn't know as I haven't done either 🙂

Football isn't boring to play.
    It can be painful, but not boring.

lowey

Golf zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dressage? You knwo that weird Horse based walking thing..

Oh, and snooker.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Watch – Football
    Play – Football

In fact anything even vaguely related with the curse that is football – a bunch of grown men charging about after an over inflated pigs-bladder screaming at each other and hurling themselves to the floor upon even the slightest contact from another player! WTF?

A sport for the common masses – utter rubbish.

uplink
    Free Member

football

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I cant really think of Snooker or Darts as sports as such, if you play something does that then mean its a sport. Does it then mean that playing cards or a board game becomes a sport. :!:I Sport to me is doing something more active that gets your cardio rate up.

Mackem

Basketball.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To watch – Mountain biking.

Seriously, it's really not very good as a spectator sport.

Marge
    Free Member

When does it stop being sport & become a game or even art for example?

Dressage? Is that sport?
    Rythmic gymnastics? Art?
    Ice dancing?
    Synchronized swimming?

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

Darts/Formula 1/Tennis/Snooker.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cricket.
    All the people that think football is boring to play…. how would you rate your footballing ability?
    Picked last at school all the time??

BlingBling
    Free Member

Darts or Snooker.

BoardinBob

Road cycling.

Never understood the point of televising it.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Cricket….. absolute dross to watch

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Cant see how football can be boring to play just cant see how. Can some one explain ?

I wasnt very good as a kid but wouldnt ever say it was boring.

Any sport can be boring to watch if you not into it though.

AndyP
    Free Member

Cant see how football can be boring to play just cant see how. Can some one explain ?
    kick ball. run a bit. watch someone else kick ball. run a bit more.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don't get me wrong I love the mtb, but there is No Way footbal is as boring as cycling up hills, just no way.
    Unless of course no one ever passes to you because they have no faith in your ability and they're worried you'd let the team down.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I mean you could say that about any sport.

MTB – Well cycle, cycle some more stop.

Tennis hit a ball run hit a ball stop.

Climbing – Climb up, rest, climb down, stop.

I mean how is football more boring than another sport ?

Possibly I could see argument for golf + cricket there are large periods of time when your not doing anything just walking from one area to another and not involved in the game.

In football you should always be involved or trying to be involved.

DezB
    Free Member

football: kick ball. run a bit. watch someone else kick ball. run a bit more.

Basketball: Bounce ball. throw it in a hoop. watch someone else bounce ball

Cycling: Sit on bike. pedal. brake. home. wash

boxing: punch someone. get punched back.

rugby: pick up ball. run a bit. throw ball. watch some else run with ball

Hang on… ALL sports are boring!!

DezB
    Free Member

er. snap.

grumm
    Free Member

I like to watch cricket, darts and snooker, though all of them can be boring at times – golf though….

BoardinBob

Possibly I could see argument for golf + cricket there are large periods of time when your not doing anything just walking from one area to another and not involved in the game

Given the distance I struggle to hit a golf ball, there's not much time between shots for me to get bored! 😆

Keva
    Free Member

golf.

Because I detest everything about it and therefore have to list it as boring too, even though I've never touched a golf club and my only encounter with a golf course was when I accidently rode my bike across one.

Kev

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I'd understand if you said playing football can be very frustrating.

Often your make a great run and some ego who thinks he's better than you wont pass the ball.

Another time your'll run take the defender away from them and they wont even notice.

Then you'll have the ball and they'll expect you to pass it straight to their feet with out trying to creat some space.

It is a frustrating game because your reling on other people. However when you do some thing good as team I find it possible more rewarding than doing something good on your own.

Dylan08
    Free Member

"…All the people that think football is boring to play…. how would you rate your footballing ability?
    Picked last at school all the time??…" Nope – played for my local team as a kid!

As an adult can stand it at all – even the word football makes me wretch!

mudshark
    Free Member

Sport to me is doing something more active that gets your cardio rate up.

Is body building a sport? Some have tried to get it into the Olympic Games; it is in the World Games.

jcromton
    Free Member

No way to golf, it's an incredible sport. Surely you can't hate something you've never tried.

How about athletics? All that waiting around and waiting around for a few seconds of action.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dylan – what changed? Or were you pushed into playing as a kid?
    All the pent up resentment making you wretch?

hilldodger
    Free Member

played for my local team as a kid!
    As an adult can stand it at all – even the word football makes me wretch!

traumatic changing room incident perhaps 😈

Swello
    Free Member

Cricket – just *unbelievably* boring. I've played it a couple of times when I was younger and even sat through a whole day of a test match (between Australia and the West Indies) when I was visiting a mate in Sydney 7 or 8 years ago. I just can't see the attraction in any way.

robgarrioch

Bowls. Or darts (sport? pah!)

Dylan08
    Free Member

Southern Yeti – Just cant stand it in any way shape or form.

Played it out of MY choice as a kid thanks for the concern, worked at local football grond in my adolescent years which really proved to me how many w@ankers are invloved in the sport.

Hill dogder – the changing room incidnets were far from traumatic – ask you're dad! 😉

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Football is boring, watching idiots swear and argue at the ref 🙄 Snooker & darts boring, golf very boring, cycling great when you just watch the highlights, boxing used to like it but its lost it appeal, cricket boring, F1 start is okay then its boring although a bit better if its raining. Tennis is also boring, so is swimming why cant the female swimmers wear bikinis then it wouldn't be boring. In fact I'm bored with a lot of things these days. 😕 Must be a mid life crises.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Slating football causes such a stir with "footy-lovers", very very amusing and is a fantastic sport in itself!!!

Stay happy chaps! 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

Football only lasts 90 minutes because it's so dull. When you get a game which goes to extra time, even the players get bored and start having a lie-down.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dylan – fair play. Think there are probably a lot of w…… because fo the huge number of people involved. Anyone utterly obsessed with a sport can seem a bit of a ****t, and give the sport a bad name. Tech obsessed bike geeks anyone?

david_r
    Free Member

Golf is an awful game. Ex golf addict. Gave it up in the end as I came to the decision I do not have the right temperament for it [short tempered!]

Highly addictive and very frustrating. Definitely crap, but not boring.

Now dressage (or anything to do with horses).. Uber dull.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘What's the most boring sport?’ is closed to new replies.