Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What's the going rate for a rented garage?
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I've asked my neighbour about renting one of his garages. He said he doesn't have any idea how much to charge and neither do it.
    It's a stand alone garage in a row of them, at the top of our street. Not attached to any houses, no power etc, standard size, nothing large or fancy.

Over to you

nickjb
    Free Member

We're paying £51/month in Bristol. Similar spec

Townfox
    Free Member

£20 – £25 a week?

Sam

until recently i rented a council garage for £9 a week. Maybe check with your local council and see what they charge?

skidartist
    Free Member

If he doesn't know what the going rate is tell him you've consulted widely and anything more than tuppence ha'penny a quarter is daylight robbery.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

There are no council garages available close by. This one is just at the top of the road with easy access for my van. It's for storage of my large and bulky work gear and materials, not a car.

20-25 quid a week is very dear, could probably buy one for that!

It's in the dukinfield area, near ashton under lyne and hyde

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Like yer thinking skidartist

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

20-25 a week in London

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I pay £130 a month for one – It does have power tho and is secure. Last garage I saw sold in Edinburgh was £20 000+ IIRC

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£50 a month here in Reading

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Cheers, gives me something to go on. I was thinking a tenner a week ideally. Just outgrown my 10×10 shed and junior wants all my scaffold gone out the garden

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What's the going rate for a rented garage?’ is closed to new replies.