Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What's the best Android handset at the moment?
  • fatface
    Free Member

What’s the best Android handset at the moment?

cynic-al
    Free Member

latest galaxy or HTC likely to be fastest.

What do you mean by “best”?

montarius
    Free Member

Galaxy s2, still.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

S2 or wait for iPhone 5 if you like Apple

fatface
    Free Member

the one to have

and not liking apple at the moment

Clong
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by best. I had an Arc untill i lost it a couple of weeks ago. It was then replaced with a HTC Sensation, which on paper is better. In reality, it isn’t. In fact, within the next couple of weeks or so it will up for sale.

Cougar

What’s up with the Sensation / better about the Arc?

cynic-al
    Free Member

try a review site like gsmarena.com

benslow
    Free Member

Galaxy SII still fastest and it has an amazing screen.

But, HTC’s interface is nicer in my opinion.

Theres a raft of new releases imminent so I’d hold until the summer.,

fatface
    Free Member

no-one like the galaxy nexus?

davidjones15
    Free Member

S2 or Note.

Clong
    Free Member

re Couger: Battery life on the sensation is woeful, if i leave it alone and dont use it ill get about 30 hours tops. On the Arc it would get about 3 days under the same conditions. If i use it, then i seem to get about 17 hours use. I understand the sensation is “dual core” but to be honest i think the processor speed is just bragging rights down the pub. Ive not noticed any speed gains over the Arc. I dont seem to get on with the screen shutter control either, i end up with out of focus shots more often than not. With the arc, you can half press the shutter contrl and hold the focus point.

IA

That you can buy now? S2.

That you can buy soon, HTC One X or S probably…screen size preferences depending.

I dont seem to get on with the screen shutter control either, i

On an SGS2, and other androids, press and hold the screen shutter button, this will focus like a half-press. Then either let go to take the picture, or slide off the button to release without taking the photo.

Clong
    Free Member

Tried that IA, the sensation just takes the picture.

teethgrinder

IA…

Don’t suppose your N9 will be up for sale in a couple of weeks…?

IA

Haha, good memory. I’ve actually lent it to a mate to play with since just after christmas, been enjoying my lumia. I have been thinking about selling it…but then also keen to try PR1.2 myself first….maybe I should get it back and make a decision to sell or keep. I sold my SGS2 as I had too many smartphones….TBH I probably still have too many!

But I do like my gadgetry!

teethgrinder

Found 16gb ones on purely gadgets for £330, so barring any decent-priced 2nd hand oned cropping up, I’m going after one of those in cyan.

Heard PR1.2 is ‘problematic’ atm!

Cougar

Battery life on the sensation is woeful

You know you can get third party batteries? Might be an option if that’s your main gripe. I’ve got one and whilst it’s not exponentially better it is better.

Can’t comment on the shutter control as I rarely use the camera, but there’s a million different camera apps on the market, some of which might suit you better?

fatface
    Free Member

is ICS 4.0 available for the S2

Bimbler
    Free Member

Battery life on the sensation is woeful

Presumably you use Juice Defender or the like?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I think S2 gets ICS in a month or so.

Cougar

Is it out unofficially yet?

Sensation is due for an official ICS release soon; it’s been out on homebrew ROMs for months though.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Cougar what (if any) screen protector do you use on the Sensation?

TheFlyingOx

Erm…. Galaxy Nexus…?
    Although Sony Xperia S is out very shortly. Dual core 1.5GHz magicness, backed up by Sony’s total and utter ineptitude when it comes to releasing timely updates.

Cougar

Cougar what (if any) screen protector do you use on the Sensation?

I don’t, I don’t like them. I just keep it in a slip case.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m pleased with my Sensation XE and I understand it’s getting ICS in the next month or so.

brakes
    Free Member

no-one like the galaxy nexus?

I do!
    As good as the S2 but with a bigger screen, slimmer and with Ice Cream Sandwich. Looks better quality too.
    You get used to the size very quickly (I had an iphone before) and it feels really thin in your hand and your pocket.
    Not realised its full potential but film looks great on it and it’s a good gamer too.

IA

screen protector

Ah such a “great” business model:

Buy a screen protector so your screen doesn’t get scratched!

User buys soft plastic screen protector to put over hard toughened glass screen.

Gets scratches in soft plastic

Ohh look how scratched it is, good job I had a protector on it else these things that scratched soft plastic would have damaged the tough screen…..oh wait 😉

teethgrinder – 330 sounds decent, and cyan is lovely. Reckon I’d be after £200 if I sell mine, if that appeals let me know and I’ll have a serious think…

superfastjellyfish
    Free Member

I love my Sensation, not perfect i know but i’m not a fan of the Samsungs UI (Personal preference n’all)

I use These Screen protectors and an Anker 1900mAh to improve the Battery life, I normally get a full days USE from it putting it on charge when i go to bed.

retro83
    Free Member

Galaxy Nexus is pretty good, though not all apps/games are working on ICS yet (SimCity is my particular bug bear)

User buys soft plastic screen protector to put over hard toughened glass screen.

Gets scratches in soft plastic

Ohh look how scratched it is, good job I had a protector on it else these things that scratched soft plastic would have damaged the tough screen…..oh wait

Good theory, except my Gal S (with Gorilla glass) did get scratched from putting it into my pocket. 🙁

IA

Oh I’m not saying you can’t scratch them, just that you’ll get more scratched with a protector than not.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

But then you can just peel it off and put on a fresh one, not so easy to do that with your screen….

Nice one SFJF, do they go right to the edge of the screen or smaller?

teethgrinder

IA

What’s your e-mail address…details of your N9 needed.

And location

elaineanne
    Free Member

Yeah I have the sensation…it’s ok…had it nearly a month…just about getting used to it …yeah battery life isn’t brill…..but on the whole tis a nice fone…just rwish the kueypad wasn’t so sensitive.I got the screen protectors too.

Houns

One x

My sensation is buggered after 9 months, going back tomorrow to be fixed

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

There’s a lot of posts about the Motorola Defy but it is only water resistant. With my busy lifestyle I actually want to take calls even whilst I’m snorkeling off the sandy beaches of Sardinia so you’ll find me using this

Cougar

just rwish the kueypad wasn’t so sensitive

Try Swype. It’s ace.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Don’t get a Defy, it’s awful. Slow, crashes, battery life down to 8 hours after a year.

Back to Jesus phone for me; my ancient 3G will be a significant upgrade over the Defy.

float
    Free Member

meizu are dead good for the money

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 fory the Motorola Defy being pants.

Great until it crashes, crap battery life, poor reception everywhere compared to other phones.

Although it is waterfroof etc, I couldn’t use mine in the rain as rain drops confused the screen, so next to useless as I work outside up north!

I gave my Defy to the wife.

Now on a JCB phone that works everywhere with dual sims and can be used as a hammer if need be.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What's the best Android handset at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.