Home Forums Bike Forum What XS 26er HT frame for the smaller lady please

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What XS 26er HT frame for the smaller lady please
  • jaymoid

My girlfriend is 5’2″, and currently rides a heavy 13″ ridgeback mx6 with crappy elastomer fork.

I was thinking of getting her a new frame and using some of my hand me down bits to build something a bit better/lighter for her. I have a rock shocks Reba 120mm, and a nice hope/mavic wheel set to contribute to the build.

Requirements are:
    Tapered headset (a must as the fork is tapered)
    xc geometry
    Roughly xs size (12″ – 13″ ish?! – Maybe the 120mm forks are a bit big for a frame that size?)
    Ideally English threaded BB

Anything spring to mind?! Thanks in advance…

chiefgrooveguru

Cotic Soul 26. Should be perfect!

MoreCashThanDash

14″ Inbred? My lad could fit on my mates ti 456 before he was five foot tall.

TiRed

We have a Giant Talon 1W in XS ridden by teen2. Ticks all your boxes and is an excellent xc bike

yunki
    Free Member

my ex had a 14″ Kona frame.. she’s 5’4 and had a lot of seatpost showing.. tailor it with bars with a good backsweep if necessary..?

cinnamon_girl

On-One’s are very long in the top tube. Not sure a small Soul would fit, used to have one and I’m 3″ taller. How about a Rock Lobster in a 15″?

moonboy
    Free Member

the small charge skinny dusters are very short on the tt and i think there’s still some new on ebay for £150ish

chiefgrooveguru

Not sure a small Soul would fit, used to have one and I’m 3″ taller.

They sell an XS too nowadays!

jaymoid

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I think the soul is the only one that ticks the boxes (in terms of tapered fork compatible – everything else seems 1 1/8). I hadn’t really considered steel but the does tick the boxes except for the relatively cheap box which I accidentally omitted! Will keep an eye out for one 2nd hand… Cheers all. Any more suggestions keep em coming though please 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I built my missus a 1×10 dialled bikes holeshot with 100mm forks, not the lightest, but a shedload of fun!

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Short top tube is the thing that makes the difference. My wife is 5’3″ and saddle height / standover isn’t the problem on most things, it’s the reach to the bars.

unovolo
    Free Member

On One-Baby Fatty

You know it makes sense.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What XS 26er HT frame for the smaller lady please’ is closed to new replies.