Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • What wedding gift for your fiancee?
  • ohsoslow
    Free Member

Me and the missus are getting hitched on the qt in about four weeks, and being new to the whole wedding lark just wanted to know what the traditions are? and what you lads bought for the love of your lives and more importantly what it the right choice?

Thanks in advance. Brian

druidh
    Free Member

Wedding gift?

She got me (and a ring).

gnusmas

Wedding gift?

She got me (and a ring).

same here 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

and here.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

and again.

convert

Apart from ring, I also gave here a silver bangle that went with her outfit (non standard) the night before. She’s worn it every day since (8yrs) pretty much. Don’t think there is any expectation of further gifts after the ring.

My opinion on the whole thing – focus on the marriage (life long) and not the wedding (over in a day) & enjoy.

edit – also, whilst a very non standard wedding she did still go off to get dressed and ready. Her family are RUBBISH at celebrations and making people feel special and I knew no one would be fussing over them so I had an iced bottle of champagne delivered to her and bridesmaid/helper to get them in the mood. Sometimes its the little things.

atlaz
    Free Member

Nothing like most of the above.

tommytowtruck

I put together an album of photos of the two of us, our familiy and friends etc for my wife which seemed to go down pretty well. I don’t think there is any expectation or tradition to exchange gifts though, other than rings. Enjoy!

samuri
    Free Member

My wife got herself sexual satisfaction on tap and a seemingly bottomless money pit. I think you’d be hard pressed to find better present than that.

zippykona

Mrs Zip loves Italy so I got her (us) a weekend in rome.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Samurai + 1

Plus she received the option to drive a clapped out Citroen BX estate and listen to my awesome separates.

Can’t put a price on that…..

TuckerUK
    Free Member

My wife got herself sexual satisfaction on tap…

You bought her a mains powered sex toy?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We agreed to get nothing.

Then my wife bought me a watch.

Grrr.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TuckerUK – Member
    My wife got herself sexual satisfaction on tap…
    You bought her a mains powered sex toy?
    POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Sounds more plumbing-based. Tell her to be careful with the hot tap.

wallop

We didn’t bother with wedding gifts. When we got engaged I got a lovely ring and he got a nice watch.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I put some pics of us in an album which she got on the wedding morning. Cheap, but I’m still in credit for the massive brownie points it resulted in 🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve been commissioned in the past to do drawings as wedding gifts. The happy couple etc.

My fiancé said I should get an egament gift being as she got a ring and a weekend away. I showed her some cranks I’d like but she said not that kind of gift so I don’t know what she’s on about.

ohsoslow
    Free Member

Thanks all! I knew the result would be me chuckling endlessly! So something from the heart it is then… It will make up for the honeymoon. She only gets three days in Rome because yours truly has to get back in time for the welsh ride thing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d have thought something personal rather than £££, like the photo album.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Save your cash

Mog
    Free Member

I had an iced bottle of champagne delivered to her and bridesmaid/helper to get them in the mood

A thread all of its own.

DT78
    Free Member

I got her a nice smart watch (she needed one) which was given to her on the morning by her mum, with a note saying ‘just to make sure you turn don’t turn up too late xxx’

It’ll be a couple of decades before I spend those brownie points…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Lol @ the cranks! sounds good I would’ve just got them engraved 😉

I think as everyone says above don’t spend £’s unless she is that kind of girl! Otherwise I think photo album with best pics, or something to do together, ie a weekend away I guess (if you really feel the need).

zippykona

Dt78, you da man.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

DT78 that is pretty cool!

DT78
    Free Member

Thankyou, further tips are available via my romantic counselling service 🙂

Grimy
    Free Member

I asked the chief bridesmaid to sneak me a picture of the Tiara my wife had bought. I matched a nice swarovski necklace and earings to it and had the bridesmaids give them her from me on the morning. She was very very happy as I knew she didnt really have a nice set of her own to wear and wasnt perticually happy with the ones shed borrowed for the day.

jonba
    Free Member

nothing, except me and a wedding ring. Some people send a nice handwritten card “see you at the altar”. I don’t remember half the “stuff” at my wedding and it was only 5 weeks ago. What I do remember is seeing my wife walk down the aisle and all the memories of my friends and families being there on a fantastic day. Not sure it needed much else…

disben

I bought her a camelbak, paramo coat and some boots (given before the wedding to be worked in). Worked well as we were going to the lake district for the honeymoon!

BigJohn

Pearl necklace.

spooky_b329

Wedding gift?

She got me (and a ring).

Ditto!

I got asked by a friend what I got my fiance…

I got home and tentatively asked her if she had been expecting one on the big day, and thankfully she wasn’t 🙂

theotherjonv

I think as everyone says above don’t spend £’s unless she is that kind of girl!

If she is that kind of girl, run away now.

Sandwich

We agreed to get nothing.

Then my wife bought me a watch.

A life lesson as well. You were privileged. 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

I gave up smoking for the wedding.

druidh
    Free Member

Just for the wedding?

Stoner
    Free Member

actually stopped a month beforehand, but was “clean” by the time of the nuptials.

TiRed

Pearl necklace hidden inside an espresso cup. Looked nice in the photos. But has seldom been worn since.

Now, I’d recommend something in white gold from Tiffany. Which is coincidentally what was received for her 40th. After a million comments that a bike would Not be acceptable!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘What wedding gift for your fiancee?’ is closed to new replies.