Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What tyres do you use for Llandegla
  • EccentricEllis

I have just slashed my sidewall.
    No biggy but want a change in tyres, Debating Maxxis Advantage but never used them, what’s the difference with the standard and Exception ones?
    Haven’t used Maxxis for years and currently use a MudX on the back and a Big Earl up front.

nonk
    Free Member
    Anthem-X
    Free Member

I run Maxxis Ignitors,find they are fast rolling but still have plenty of grip in the wet.

EccentricEllis

Crossmark on the back Advantage on the front, seems a good combo, well only time will tell.

Nice one Nonk. 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I usually slash my sidewalls as an excuse not to go to Llandegla.

Anthem-X
    Free Member

Ha Ha its not that bad surely??

EccentricEllis

Yeah it is that bad. 🙂 TBH i despise it but it’s the only place my main riding buddy will go.

JonR
    Free Member

Nah its fine. Maybe a bit easy but its seen as uber cool to slate llandegla.

loddrik
    Free Member

Llandegla is great, I use vredestein killer bees, there’s next to no mud there so a large volume fast rolling tyre is great for the smoothish trails with rocky sections.

amodicumofgnar

Been running Advantage front, cross mark rear most of this year – great until the slime levels on my local rides ramped up in the last week or so. Sidewalls split on every exception tyre I’ve had but atleast its gone at the point I’d think of changing it anyway.

LMT
    Free Member

Won’t need any as half the trail is shut, unless u play on the pump track or the jumps bit which is more like a bmx trail!!

andy7t2
    Free Member
    Sandwich

Conti Vert Pros in 2.3 tubeless last time I was there, but that’s what I have had on the bike this year.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I use the same tyres that I ride the rest of the time. ffs

jim
    Free Member

ADvantages are good, but I’d avoid the exceptions ones if you’re in the habit of slashing sidewalls.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Tyre choice isn’t critical at Llandegla – go for whatever’s fastest.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What tyres do you use for Llandegla’ is closed to new replies.