Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What to wear in a sleeping bag ??
  • DaveGr
    Free Member

I have a lightweight two (3ish) season down sleeping bag but sometimes feel a bit chilly when using it with just a silk liner. I've had conflicting advice from "no clothes" for air to circulate and the down to loft through to "wear clothes like a down jacket etc." The internet has pluses and minuses for each and seems to throw up a lot of options. What's the general consensus? I could buy a 4 season bag but would rather not splash the cash if there's another option. Tks.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

i wear nowt in mine. it is colder initially, but it is warmest for me.

yunki
    Free Member

sexy lingerie

BigJohn

We all have different matabolisms. Other people's experiences and advice (except mine) may not be helpful.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I prefer my gimp suit.
    .seriously I wear as many clothes as needed. depends on the temp but more clothes inside the bag is warmer for sure for me.

Camping in May at below freezing I had socks, joggers, t shirt, jumper, fleece, woollen hat on inside he bag

odannyboy
    Free Member

when i last wen camping i wore long sleeved t shirt, under wear and socks and a wooly hat.the main reason for the hat is i pull it down over my eyes when the sun comes up in the early hours and its easy toremove if im hot when i wake.it was about 10 celsius and i wasnt that warm to be honest. all the above plus a jumper helped the next night.i dont have a sleeping bag liner but am intrigued as to whether they help…?

DaveGr
    Free Member

sexy lingerie

well that goes without saying !!!!

I use a liner mainly so it keeps the sleeping bag cleaner and it's easier to clean the liner than the bag. They are also supposed to keep you slightly warmer but not sure about that.

druidh
    Free Member

I stopped wearing pyjamas when I was about 12. 🙂

In general UK conditions, it's OK not to wear anything inside a down bag. However, down bags are expensive to clean properly. Wearing something underneath – or using a liner bag – cuts down on the number of times you need to clean the bag.

In extreme cold, you have to be careful not to make the dew point too close to the body – i.e. wearing too many / too warm clothes inside the bag can cause the dew point to form inside the down layer, affecting its insulating properties.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was too hot in my down bag at -10 last winter, so I was just in shorts. In my synth 3 season I wear jogging clothes in cold weather. It's kind of impossible to recommend things, it's pretty individual requirements.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Thanks all, understand it'll be personal and also depends on the design of bag – ie tight fit or baggy – but wanted to get an idea of what people did. Will try out a few combinations as can't find any good deals on sleeping bags at the moment so will wait till the end of season sales if I buy another one.

Marin
    Free Member

Dont get in your bag cold. If you are do a few star jumps, run on the spot, your body heat heats your bag, just dont get sweaty!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Thermals when it's really cold, nowt when it's not.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You need to persuade a girl to get in there with you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What to wear in a sleeping bag ??’ is closed to new replies.