Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What to do in Cornwall
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

We’ve had a great time so far. Mawgan Porth is fantastic, the beach is excellent and the coastal trails leading off it are very good too. The weather has also been very kind to us so staying local has the order of the day though we have been along some of the Camel Trail and spent days in Padstow and StIves. Only tried the Steins Patisserie but I’ll get a chippy at some point. Had a cracking burger at Blas Burger in StIves much recommended. Dairyland was a good shout as well, not much to look at tbh but the kids have loved it, tickets let you back in for 7 days and we’ve been twice and will go again.

The weather has turned a wee bit so Cardinham Woods and Tintagel CAstle are on the agenda for the next couple of days.

And I’ve been very impressed with the local ale, all have been excellent.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

If you fancy a cool-off after Tintagel head a mile or so upcoast on the coastal rd, park by the public conveniences, walk down the track to waterfall and swim/bathe in the cove at Bossiney. It’s stunning, and a safe bet when the tide’s in. kids love spotting the elephant rock.

wallop

I’m from Hayle, but live in Bristol now and whenever friends go on holiday to Cornwall I always get them to bring back with them some frozen Philps pasties for me! Nom.

Pz_Steve

If you’re out west, go to Porthcurno. The Minack theatre should be on everyone’s list, the beach is one of the most stunning in the county, and if it’s wet go to the Telegraph Museum. (Actually, go to the Telegraph Museum anyway – sounds dull as ditch-water but is one the best day’s out you’ll have. And the kids will love it…).

All in one small, quiet village.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.