Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • What time is reasonable to start drinking Xmas day?
  • jekkyl

I’m thinking about 10am?
    have a large bottle of leffe blonde chilling to sup while I prep all the veg.

Hohum
    Free Member

midday

piemonster

Breakfast

Depends on your family really. If I liked ’em I might be able to hang on until lunch.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Bucks fizz with a bacon sannie for breakfast, prob about 9am here…

warton
    Free Member

bucks fizz with breakfast. 9ish?

EDIT: SilentSparky, great minds and all that!

Haze

Since it’s a Leffe then as early as you fancy it..

domwells27
    Free Member

I happen to know there is a large bottle of Gentleman Jack waiting for me under the tree. Once I open it in the morning, I fully intend to check its not a spoilt batch.

yunki
    Free Member

depends what time you fall in the door from drinking the night before.. whatever time you get home – that’s the right time

theotherjonv

The way my kids are driving me mad right now – about 2 hours ago.

qwerty
    Free Member

What do you mean, start? Probably best not to stop, you’ll get the sickness if you do.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bucks Fizz with smoked salmon for us, Xmas breakfast tradition.
    As for when, it all depends on MsD as she is insistent on opening her presents before sunrise!

jota180
    Free Member

My missus is ill and likely to cry off cooking tomorrow 😯

So I have to do the whole lot, dinner for eleven adults so I reckon I’ll be on the sauce from the get go – around 10
    It’ll be the only way to stay calm 😀

Dancake
    Free Member

About 10:30 sounds fair

binners

The correct answer is ‘whenever you bloody well feel like it’

Therefore there is no wrong answer. I shall be having a glass of prosseco to washed down my smoked salmon and scrambled egg bagels for breakfast! Yay!

Have a great day, you lot!

transapp
    Free Member

8:00 with a decent bottle of champagne, 11:00 in the pub ( with the family while the pub kitchen* cooks our ‘home’ Christmas meal, carry it over the road to feed 15 and then I should be on a bottle of Islay by 5:00. Quite looking forward to it!

* lives brother in laws local, it’s cost him about £10k in beer iver. The last 12 months but they really will cook our entire meal for usmeal despite the fact their kitchen is closed, might cost us a bit of beer in Boxing Day though!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Booze in bed ..;)

rudebwoy
    Free Member

yunki’s ‘law’ sounds bout right ….

johndoh
    Free Member

Bucks Fizz sans orange juice as soon as you walk past the fridge…

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Open eyes, make coffee, add rum to it, whenever, or tea with scotch. It kickstarts the day nicely.

maccruiskeen

November

somafunk

I guess it depends on your age and circumstances?, 10/15 years ago we would finish our xmas eve club night bout 4 am, get everyone kicked out, pay the Dj and ship him back to his hotel or more often than not ask him to climb down off the ceiling, strap him into a straight jacket (i could name someone here but i’d better not) and invite him to sit down wi us – crack open the champagne, invite our bolivian friend to join us at the table and have pretty much no recollection of christmas day at all apart from a never ending succession of house party after house party till sometime late on boxing night where we would slump into a self induced coma and wake up fresh n’ restored 4 days later for New Year.

Thank **** that hasn’t happened for quite a few years and we’ve all grown up a bit…..now it’s a case of a few drinks xmas eve at my mates pub, followed by a very nice n’ homely xmas round at my folks where i’ll have had a bottle of Veuve before xmas dinner followed by a decent wine then a wee snooze in front of the fire then maybe a bit of pudding, some decent port and sit n’ chat wi the parents and off out bout 10ish to mates pub for a few drinks and to meet up wi like minded folk and have a drink late into the night.

piemonster

we are all wrong apart from maccruisken

ton

bucks fizz from 11, asti with dinner, malbec from pudding onwards with the odd port thrown in for warmth……. 8)

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Bucks fizz at 9am with bacon barms with the wife then if i open my jd honey shaped bottle onto that!!!!

hmanchester
    Free Member

Bucks Fizz with brekky.

Make it yourself though and it’s 1000 times better. The OJ is the important bit so squeezed not from concentrate Tropicana type stuff mixed with a cheap but decent cava/prosecco.

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Anytime after you have been out for a trip up the hills on your bike ! Well that’s my plan anyway

grantway
    Free Member

Today 😉

Sandwich

I wasn’t planning on stopping from now.

mightymule
    Free Member

I think it depends upon how much your family / OH’s family get on your nerves 😈

marsdenman
    Free Member

Arise at whichever time Ted deems ‘good’
    Take Ted for his morning constitutional stroll….
    Thereafter

Bucks Fizz with brekky.

Make it yourself though and it’s 1000 times better. The OJ is the important bit so squeezed not from concentrate Tropicana type stuff mixed with a cheap but decent cava/prosecco.

Followed by another walk for Ted, via the local 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

half ten’s fine if you’re not driving, I am so will be about 11:30 for me…

What time is a good time to finish??? 😛

djglover
    Free Member

champagne with breakfast. It is one day only!

kiwijohn

9.10 down here already. Time for a G&T.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Tea and porridge, then presents. With wine.

The start drinking as soon as the family turn up, malts with me dad!

althepal

Technically it’s Christmas Day now..
    Right now seems fine to me!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘What time is reasonable to start drinking Xmas day?’ is closed to new replies.