Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • what the point where some one becomes "seriously" into riding??
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

what actually marks it/what changes or is purchased……..

this could be good….

Kinavit
    Free Member

Buying any bike part instead of paying the mortgage. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

when you baulk at spending £20 on a t shirt but quite happy to spend £60+ on biking shorts.

when your bike is worth more than your car.

when you try to go out look for something nice in the wardrobe and the best looking clothes are those £60 shorts and a twin 6 t shirt. everything else predates biking!

Leku
    Free Member

googling 'where to buy EPO'

Keva
    Free Member

I've got three bikes all worth more than my car on their own – I wouldn't call myself seriously into riding… I just ride bikes more than I drive.

How serious a person is about riding their bikes is all relative to the individual, innit…

zaskar
    Free Member

When you have old clothes and your bike gear is brand spanking new!

When you're car is really old and your 4 bikes are new and cost more than a new car.

When everyone says please stop talking about bikes…

When you get time off the bike due t owork or injury -it feels like an oblivion! There is no god!

When you wake up in the morning and the GF pulls off the covers and you have your riding gear on.

When your GF catches you in bed cuddling your bike?

When…slap! 😈

GENESIS_IO_2002
    Free Member

Nice one Zaskar – like the one about being in bed with your cycling gear on!! LOL

chakaping
    Free Member

When somebody casually mentions that they've been thinking of buying an MTB, and you talk about it for close to 40 mins – until they make their excuses and leave.

And, let's be honest, when you sometimes put riding before family life – even though you know you shouldn't.

beej

When you shudder at paying £70 for a car part, but happily pay £250 for bike brakes.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

When you choose to buy mtb parts or petrol to get to tracks rather than paying your debts or buying food.

When you are asked to choose between her and riding and you explain it isnt really a choice.

When the ratio of sick days taken is 10:1 riding related to other illness.

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

When you decide to move house and you are happy to pay £800 extra in mortgage per month to have fantastic trails from the doorstep….

chvck
    Free Member

When you ask yourself "what tyre"

jimmy

when you're genuinely pissed off at having to go to a mate's wedding when you could be riding.

Mister-P
    Free Member

When you dream about bike component part numbers.

When you have a mid-life crisis and spend your life savings on starting a bike company instead of spending it on a sports car, bigger house or a mistress!

2hottie
    Free Member

It has to be the one where you can talk someone to death about bikes!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

when you're genuinely pissed off at having to go to a mate's wedding when you could be riding.

I've got that next spring, CLIC solo or irritating ex GFs wedding? Mmmm …

Is the irritating ex-GF marrying your mate, or is she the mate?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well they're both mates really.

I think the wedding wins then.

jimmy

when you're considering setting up a bike company because Mike won't make the Ti Alpine I want 🙂

EDIT: I'm not really, but thought I'd get the request in again…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well its a three line whip, so there was no chance of getting out of it, but that dosn't stop me grumbling 🙂

crazy-legs

When you buy a car based solely on how many bikes you can fit in it.
    When you can navigate your entire area on bridleways/footpaths etc but not know the way to the shops by road.
    When you walk into the LBS and all the staff look up and greet you by name.
    When a friend/colleague asks your advice about buying a new bike and you ask (in all seriousness) "How many thousand £ do you want to spend?"

jimmy

likewise when a colleague asks how much your bike cost and spit their coffee at the response while you're thinking its half what you'd like to have spent.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

When you ask your brother to change the date of his wedding because it clashes with Mountain Mayhem…. Didn't go down too well

theflatboy
    Free Member

when you're talking to your girlfriend's dad about how much your latest bike is worth – even though you half every value he still reacts in absolute disbelief 😆

mcboo
    Free Member

When you buy a bike bag.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I think your bother is doing you a favor there goldenwonder …

MrAgreeable

Could say the same about you and CLIC, adh. 😉

goldenwonder
    Free Member

NO, mayhem's great, twas a couple of years ago, reluctantly had to miss mayhem, but that was a dry year, managed to make it to every muddy one!

lyons
    Free Member

haha, golden wonder… that is brilliant, and so wrong all at once. I'm guilty of most of thesae things…

I dont even own a car, cause i spend too much money on bikes.

When you nearly crash your wok van, cause you were distracted by looking at a potential riding spot (street riding)…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

he he he

GaryLake
    Free Member

Definitely when a non-biking friend asks what bike to get and not only do they get the 40 min talk as mentioned above, but you then waste half a day online trying to find them the best deal, even though they've not asked you to.

Clint
    Free Member

When you are embaressed to admit how much you spend on bike stuff.

chvck
    Free Member

When you emit strange noises whilst looking at bike bits

Lemurian
    Free Member

When you pull on a pair of bib shorts and think, "Yeah, I look good in these" – can't say I'm quite that serious about my riding at the minute….

bigsi
    Free Member

When your other half's employer starts the cycle to work scheme and you offer to go bike shopping with someone in the office that you hardly know just because……….

When you have got in so late from a night ride that you have to sleep on the sofa to avoid getting mud in the bed because if you have a shower it will wake the other half up and you will get a lecture about coming in just before dawn on a school night(yuck).

When you no longer feel that 4 bikes is enough for anybody to own at any one time.

When you are already planning your next build before you have even finished your current one.

When you have the secret credit card for those naughty purchases which you hide in the shed/garage for a while till you can honestly say when questioned 'what that, oh I've had that for quite sometime you just never noticed before'

When you spend hours at work surfing bike sites while you really should be earning some money by getting on with some work.

I could go on but…………..

grumm
    Free Member

When you've just bought some forks that cost more than almost all of the cars you've ever owned.

lyons
    Free Member

grumm, they must be some nice forks… unless you drive complete bangers?

crikey
    Free Member

When you realise that 99% of posts on bike forums are a waste of time?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘what the point where some one becomes "seriously" into riding??’ is closed to new replies.