Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What stem? Any good deals spotted recently?
  • mildred

I’m after a 75-80mm OS handlebar stem, decent quality but can’t afford Thomson or hope at moment (unless someone has a used one they want to shift). Any suggestions? I’d ideally want a little bit of rise too but it won’t be a deal breaker if not.

MrFannay
    Free Member

Syncros FL from Stif…. half price at £27. Light, stiff and looks ace. I’ve put one on my Yeti (80mm) and it looks the nuts and feels flex free

andyl46
    Free Member

Got an easton EA70 for £26 from Ah i cant remember, but I followed a link from on here, sorry!

Stoner
    Free Member

Nice CNC’d stem at on-one in 70mm for £25
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/STOOCNC/on-one-ultralight-cnc-stem

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I got one of those^ Syncros stems from Stif, looks the buis with OS bars

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 the Syncros

I’ve got a mint 90mm in white if you’re interested

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

sunline look nice ;p strong as well just bought one

rudedog
    Free Member

Truvativ AKA all mountain stem currently less than half price (£24) for 60, 70 & 80 mm sizes on CRC

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=31142

I’ve got one – haven’t had any bother with it, it’s reasonably light and looks good too

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The On One CNC stem was down from about £70 to £25 recently. Very nice and very light too (Mine’s 116g @ 70mm)

takisawa2

And in true On One style, we wanted to price it to make the big boys wince.

I wouldnt really call £70 that much of a bargain. 😐

dickydutch

Thomson stem down to about 39 Euros if I remember rightly at probikeshop.fr

Delivery to the UK was also pretty cheap as well I think.

chakaping
    Free Member

I got the Truvativ AKA linked to above recently too. It’s perfectly functional and a decent weight. Good for that price (the “blast black” model).

MrKmkII
    Free Member

+1 for the AKA

andyl
    Free Member

Carbon cycles (exotic) do very cheap stems – 80mm is about £12 or something and very light.

I have the Superstar one which is the same as the On One – was £45 but picked it up at Xmas when they had them for £30. Well the missus did.

I did want the On One but at the time they were £70 – I asked if they were putting them in the £35 sale but they said ‘no’ so we got the superstar one. A week or so later they then put them down to £25 which pissed me off.

tbh I wish I had gone for a Thomson from Merlin for £50 as it would match my post and be all black but the SS one is really nicely made and one of the lightest out there but strong and hopefully they will bring out spare faceplates in other colours soon.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

On One have got OS stems in the sale for £10

chiefgrooveguru

My eXotic 60mm one cost £12. It works.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What stem? Any good deals spotted recently?’ is closed to new replies.