Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • What is your average road ride speed?
  • uplink
    Free Member

This morning’s spin out trying to keep my HR below 80%

That’s pretty much it for me without pushing hard, guess I’ll never have a big enough willy to wave 😥

oldgit
    Free Member

TBH my average of 18/19MPH + keeps me going as ‘padding’ in road races. I think to get to the point where I can even see the front runners I need to be averaging 21/22MPH. BTW my averages are only taken on known 100Km route.
    Seriously I’ve known many men that claim to have high averages, but struggle with a single kilometre in a race.
    However I’ve seen fit and strong newcommers end up a jibbering wreck at races, what I’m saying is some people just can’t race, but remain strong otherwise.
    It also interesting that a lot of older riders recognise that there are many fit strong and well equiped riders on the roads nowadays.

Now you’ve got my 25TT juices flowing, it’s been about 25 years or more since I got my fastest 01.00.57 that was a steel frame, clips and straps, exposed brake cables and normal drops.

Edit; I’m trying to find the info passed on by this chap ‘Mike olheiser’ I think IIRC he suggested I should be aiming at 25/26MPH on short runs and 18/20MPH for long runs of about 100 miles plus. That got filed straight away 😳

samuri
    Free Member

All over the country. Every week through the year. Also most evenings somewhere in the country in the middle of summer. I’d have thought it unusual for any normal 25 not to have somebody go faster than 25mph.

How bizarre, none of them seem to live near me.

oldgit
    Free Member

samuri that is true, however they do tend to look like this though.

BTW That’s the Mike Olhieser I mentioned above, but totally pointless listening to a guy that can finish ahead of Lance Armstrong 😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

know what you mean oldgit – i have a mate who racks up 200 miles a week has a high ave speed – stick him in a race he falls to bits

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What is your average road ride speed?’ is closed to new replies.