Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What headtorch for…
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Wandering around in the dark? Have a spider-eyes, but that’s taking the piss a bit – any recommends for something well built or should I just get something in the top half of Petzl’s range?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have a Petzl Zipka which is nice – wear it to run and do odd jobs where the extra light is useful. Not a blinder, but very useful and small as there is no strap.

sandwicheater

Had one of these ebay copies for the last two years for dog walking duties and it’s been faultless.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Bright-CREE-Q5-LED-Zoomable-Zoom-Headlamp-Headlight-Head-Torch-/231513549705?hash=item35e7486b89:g:62cAAOSwxYxU0cgU

Have even taking in running and no problems. Beam is a bit tight.

muddodger
    Free Member

I’ve got an Alpkit headtorch.
    Does the job at over half the price of a Petzl.

benp1

I have quite a few headtorches. I wanted an upgrade so got a Black Diamon ReVolt 130 recently. I’ve been really pleased with it

– powerful enough for most uses
    – infinitely variable brightness
    – spot and flood LEDs
    – red LEDs
    – runs on AAAs
    – built in micro USB slot for charging in situ
    – battery indicator
    – lock out

CraigW
    Free Member

Alpkit Muon is nice. Pretty small and lightweight, bright enough for walking etc. Uses a single AA battery, I think that’s more convenient than having to find 3 AAAs.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Most of our running group use the Alpkit Arc. AA batteries and a strap over the head makes it good for running. Comes with a spare battery holder that clicks in and out easily.

Discounted to 24 pounds at the moment as well.

winston
    Free Member

I just this minute bought a Lifesystems Intensity 220 from Blacks

They run on AA’s which I like (as does the ARC) but have 220 Lumen and a red light on the batterycase so excellent as an emergency back up when cycling or for running. Was going to get the ARC but took a punt on this at the last minute as it looked better! Shallow I know. £25 in Blacks but with a voucher code easily found on line its only £20

Could be rubbish though……

highlandman
    Free Member

Alpkit.

Speshpaul

Alpkit gamma

footflaps

Damn this thread, just bought four Alpkit head torches!

ironnigel
    Free Member

Tsk! Tsk! STW. How can we get this far into a thread on head torches with no mention of a Scurion?

http://www.scurion.ch/jm/

Available in the U.K. from Starless River.

https://starlessriver.com/shop/scurion

spacemonkey

Handy thread as I’m on the lookout for a new torch for running. Don’t rate my current Petzl and defo don’t fancy spending silly money on a better one. Have started modding my Moon light to fit the strap.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I use a Petzl Pixa 3 at work every day, several beam settings, it’s good and safe for explosive atmosheres. 😉

My Light & Motion Solite is better for walking the dog on the Quantocks at night though.

marcus
    Free Member

Petzl Nao for me. Only had it 6 months, but seems a great bit of kit.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

All those Alpkits have gopping straps…

Edukator
    Free Member

I wanted an upgrade so got a Black Diamon ReVolt 130 recently. I’ve been really pleased with it

+1

Edit: Oops, I haven’t got the same model, I’ve got the non-recharging version which is a lot cheaper (30e) but still 130lm, variable, little red LEDs and well made.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Silva Trailrunner 2 here. Can’t fault it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What headtorch for…’ is closed to new replies.