Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What happens to the shiny stuff that mags get?
  • vinnyeh

Nearly every week there's a post on the front page about the sackloads of new bits that have arrived at stw towers- where does all the discarded and tested stuff go? Back to the distributors, or is there a secret outlet store I don't know about?

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

That's what eBay is for!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

They should be a monthly draw for members & the winner gets something, or if not then they should sell them "cheap" on the classified!!! 😉

COME ON ST DO US ALL A FAVOUR!!!!

MY IDEA SO ME FIRST ST!!!!! 😆

akira

If it would help just post it to me and I'll distribute it fairly.

richtea
    Free Member

if it's anything like the mag i work for (not bike related, but equally shiny awesome kit)

– some goes back, as it's on "tour" of all the magazines
    – some is meant to go back, but never does (for various reasons, usually forgetfulness)
    – some is intentionally left at the magazine and becomes property of the magazine/company/journalist(s)
    – some publications sell off kit internally to help fund christmas parties that management won't pay for because they're bastards
    – most ends up on ebay a few months later (after everyone's forgotten) to help contribute towards sh1tty salaries…

😉

MountainMutant
    Free Member

IPC Hairy Crack?

Mark

We never sell it.. It's not ours to sell. It gets used or returned. Occasionally, with permission, it ends up given away in some kind of ad hoc competition like the twitter sign up competition we ran a few months ago.

bent_udder
    Free Member

Hairy's got it spot on, certainly for the mags I've worked for. Very little ended up on the 'Bay, but friends and family did get a share of the haul if something was abandoned. The general rule was, if it hadn't been claimed after three months, it was fair game. Most people didn't sell it on, but passed it on to others FOC.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What happens to the shiny stuff that mags get?’ is closed to new replies.