Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What GPS Watch – Bike / Run
  • vernon-sez
    Free Member

Ummm, anyone got one of these?

A few guys have recommended something like the Garmin Forerunner 405.

Anyone got experience of using one of these or similar?

Thx
    V

Matta
    Free Member

I have the 405 Forerunner It's really good I use it on one of my bikes instead of a computer.
    However it is not that accurate if you stop and start a lot as the auto-pause takes a second to start.

make sure you give it five minutes before you start to locate the satellites as you will need to turn the gps off to save battery between uses.
    plus the longer you give it before the ride the more accurate the gps will be, so if you go into trees you still get a signal.

It is also good if you park somewhere save the Gps location. Then just bike in any random direction then you can use it to guide you back to your start point.

if your keen on training (which I'm not lol) you can use the training partner thats built in.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also use a Garmin Forerunner 405, great bit of kit. Use it with Rubitracks on the mac as the bundled software is rubbish.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Clink

I'm thinking the same; need something to train for bike and running. Would like an Edge and Forerunner but can't afford both. I was thinking of just getting the Forerunner 205 – will that give me speed, distance etc in a clear format. Also how long do batteries last??

Jamie
    Free Member

The way i would look at is you can take a forerunner on the bike, but might be more tricky taking an edge running.

shedfull
    Free Member

The 305's excellent and cheaper. I run/road ride/MTB with one and have bar mount kits, the HR strap and a wheel speed/cadence sensor for it. I dump all the data into Sporttracks – much better than Garmin's own software.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What GPS Watch – Bike / Run’ is closed to new replies.