Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What folding bike?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

just invalidated your warranty then…

The guys at Brompton aren’t all that strict – unless you had a failure and it was down to the part you changed, they’d still honour the warranty. When I was a Brompton dealer, never had a cpomplaint about their warranty service – they always went above and beyond.

rootes1

they always went above and beyond.

Yep this is very true.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The guys at Brompton aren’t all that strict

the brompton guy at the bike show was – I had seen a brompton with a riser on like that – which looked like a more comfortable and stable ride – and asked the rep about it – he said it would invalidate the warranty…

rootes1

The guys at Brompton aren’t all that strict
    the brompton guy at the bike show was – I had seen a brompton with a riser on like that – which looked like a more comfortable and stable ride – and asked the rep about it – he said it would invalidate the warranty…

More likely they wanted to promote their new high rise H stem…

Actually think brompton have missed a trick to rationalise stems and bars..

currently there is the M bar and stem, the P bar and stem, the S bar and stem and now the H bar (Mbars) plus new H stem..

I think they should of moved to the S stem and offer a range of bars on the one stem – they could cut down on the number of cable options they have etc..

anyhow as for warranties – not an issue – can’t go through life not doing stuff just in case you invalidate a warranty.

Here was my old bike and 2″ riser Sunline MTB:

Current 3″ is an SJS comfort bar – better shape – both had to be cut down though.

For taller riders it seems to be the best way – the new H stem makes you VERY upright plus you get the rubbish flexy M bars..

rootes1

but for the OP – if you use busy trains, and what something reliable with good dealer and manufacturer support..

get a Brompton – def go for the flat handlebars (S) you can get these in all speeds, 1,2,3 and 6 – though default is choice for non bespoke B’s with flat bars is 2.

bencooper
    Free Member

Plus Rohloff and disc brakes are possible with a bit of bodging 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What folding bike?’ is closed to new replies.