Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What do you do when you're injured?
  • RealMan
    Free Member

I'm going insane here. And its raining.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Spend ages lurking on this forum

RealMan
    Free Member

I can't do that all day though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    13thfloormonk

Complain to anyone who will listen.

Buy CDs/Clothes/Books/anything I've neglected to shop for when not injured

Go to work on sunny weekends 🙁

Find myself a new girlfriend, who's in for a nasty surprise when my ankle heals..

Drink 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You've got the internet, haven't you?

Use your imagination. Sheesh, the kids of today. When I were a lad, we'd amuse ourselves for hours with nothing more than a cotton reel and a nail.

RealMan
    Free Member

Buy CDs/Clothes/Books/anything I've neglected to shop for when not injured

Tick.

Drink

Tick.

Go to work on sunny weekends

Don't work.

Already done a fair amount of that but I could probably give it another go.

13thfloormonk

Already done a fair amount of that but I could probably give it another go.

Nice, I like your commitment!

Oh, and currently am trying to beat my own pathetic personal bests at sit-ups and press ups, its not pretty.

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh, and currently am trying to beat my own pathetic personal bests at sit-ups and press ups, its not pretty.

Yeah, I want to give the 100 press up challenge thing a go, and there's also a 200 sit up thing too (might already be able to do that) http://hundredpushups.com/

However, the injury is in my spine and neck so my physical abilities extends as far as walking..

Its going well so far 😀

Divagirl
    Free Member

how much walking are you able to do?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is your right hand injured?

RealMan
    Free Member

As much as I like, but I don't really enjoy walking anyway. I can ride my unicycle, but am limited to what I can do on it (by skill and injury). I think its stopped raining though.

Is your right hand injured?

Not yet. RSI, anyone?

beej

Initially I scream like a girl.

Later on, I amuse myself by entering stupid competitions on the internet, and winning various pieces of tat.

RealMan
    Free Member

http://www.win4now.co.uk

Like that beej?

Northwind

I do things that I'd usually feel bad about wasting my time on. Timesink computer games being a big one. When I bust my hip I got very good at Civ and Company of Heroes

Divagirl
    Free Member

I was going to say, stick a jacket on and walk anyway, bit of rain doesn't matter. If you don't like walking though, not much point.

Try yer left hand, might feel like someone else is doing it.

beej

No, just various internet comps. Loquax lists loads of them.

samuri
    Free Member

computer games, reading, films, internet, self abuse (stand in front of the mirror insulting myself). Depending on the injury I sometimes take up swimming again.

RealMan
    Free Member

Cheers beej, do you want me to say that you referred me to it (will need your username)

MrNutt
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

However, the injury is in my spine and neck so my physical abilities extends as far as walking..

That limits you somewhat – was going to suggest that at the moment I half a torn calf muscle, so can't run or bike, but I have been out canoeing 11 times in the past 2 weeks (getting bored of that now). Had a running injury for over a year so did more biking. Alternatively, when I was injured last year I took up flying model helicopters – http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/product_info.php?products_id=24552 seems to be highly recommended for somebody with little experience (not that I have one, but I'm thinking of getting one).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What do you do when you're injured?’ is closed to new replies.