Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • what DH style bike for less than 2k?
  • ads678

Mates looking for a DH type bike to supplement his Zesty, he’s seen the froggy for 2k but i’m sure there must be others for the same price or cheaper out there.
    I’ve told him to check out the Canyon Torque FRX and i saw a Kona Stinky on paulscycle for £900 but not sure if they’re any good.
    Anyone know of any other deals?

alfabus
    Free Member

DH ‘style’ ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve known a couple of people happy with Canyon Torque bikes, but I’d avoid the hammerschmidt(sp?) versions as I’ve never known one last more than a week. Out of 3, one bent in a weeks DH, one ate it’s BB’s even in the dry, one became noisy after a weeks XC.

Failing that, second hand might produce a bargain if you keep an eye on SDH.

Green

Kona Operator, Specialized Status?

IA

SH bargain you say?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-intense-socom-frame-wti-spring-large-800

If it was of interest I could do complete for the right price*

*which would be way cheaper than 2k btw, email if it’s of interest, iain.wallace gmail etc. etc.

ads678

Hmm, not sure the pictured bike is quite what he’s after.

Cheers for the offer IA but he’s after a small and probably new as he might do finance if poss.

I am checking the classifieds though.

Yeah i thought the Canyon looks a great bike.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Scott Voltage

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Spesh Big Hit. They always look like utter bargains to me. 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

YT Tuesday?

alpin
    Free Member

+1 for canyon and yt.

£1859 for this (bit of a waiting time, mind)

or the YT Tues for 1899€ (available now)

both bikes are higly praised in the freeride/dh mags here in germany.

Euro
    Free Member

Second hand but new (as in never ridden)? Drop Ben an email ben @ justreid.com He had a couple of well spec’d Norco Team DH bikes for sale a while back, in small and large. Getting close to the new season so should be keen to shift them.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

buy 2nd hand, you could have anything

Intense, Yeti etc

drdax
    Free Member

Apologies if I’m hijacking but…
    I have an excellent cond Scott Nitrous 20 with 180mm Totums and Mazz RC 170mm for sale. dam thing is bomb proof.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-scott-nitrous-20-06-with-totum-air-mazz-rc

ads678

Cheers fellas, some food for thought. I have told him to go second hand but he’s thinking of doing a finance deal. obviously the right deal could tempt him away from that though.

I was trying to remember what that YT was called. looks like a great bit of kit.

alpin
    Free Member

canyon and yt both have finance schemes…

Superficial
    Free Member

That Canyon looks really nice, amazing spec for the money. If you want something with good backup from UK shops (if that sort of thing is important to you), Spesh status is where I’d go.

Blower
    Free Member

Spesh Status for that money deffo.

lucien

+1 for SC – Scott Voltage for me

chakaping
    Free Member

I would get one of the bikes that Alpin suggested.

If he really doesn’t get on with it he could always swap the frame at a later date.

ianv
    Free Member

I would get the Yt tues. I think you can get them on finance as well.

Edit: sorry just looked again and there does not seem to be a finance option. Amazing value though.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

have to say thiss looks kinda interesting for the money http://www.evanscycles.com/products/ns-bikes/soda-fr2-2012-mountain-bike-ec033697 think I’ve seen them cheaper than that too

ads678

Cheers, think he’s going to go for the Canyon Torque FRX. I can’t wait to have a go once he gets it!!

alpin
    Free Member

Yay!

bit of a shitter with the waiting time, but should be worth it.

I’ve ordered the next model up and have to wait until mid-end of April. doesn’t overly matter as the hills are sitting under several metres of snow and it’ll still be there mid may and the bike would only be on display in the lounge much to the GF’s annoyance. 🙂

bigrich

second hand Giant glory.

5AM
    Free Member

Check out Evans website for a couple of amazing deals on Mondraker Smmon.
    The pro team they have in stock in Reading is amazing value but prob abov budget, they do have th lower spec model for £2200 though.

toys19
    Free Member

seen a few lads on scott voltages which look like good value but if you can get away with a small then pauls have giant glory’s for 2299. A brilliant bike. clickathoid. If I hadn’t been so smitten on my transition I should have bought it myself, for half the money..

anderwho
    Free Member

I’m selling a Lapierre Froggy 918. Have a look.

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/979176/

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘what DH style bike for less than 2k?’ is closed to new replies.