Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What DH Bike?
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

If you're happy with an air shock then a Coilair or Minxy should fit the bill. Oh and JE James Cycles have lovely white Stinky Air frames on offer at the mo' – http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/kona-stinky-air-downhill-frameset-id55458.html. I love Konas but prefer a coil shock and I'm not too bothered by weight – I've owned a Coiler and couple of Stinkys and used them for all round riding – they're never going to win any uphill races but are perfectly manageable if you're not in a hurry 😉 . Briefly owned a Bullit last year – cracking bike for the downhills but I found it a bit of a handful on the climbs, possibly due to its shortish toptube.

chakaping
    Free Member

There's a Patriot on the classifieds in medium. Nothing to do with me, but I know they're great handling bikes and might suit your needs quite well.

Don't get an (old) big hit, way too heavy and slack.

Reign X is a good bike. Friend has one, though small is too small for me and I'm only 5ft 8ish. Giant build quality is really good and the suspension design is really supple.

chakaping
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've ridden a few of the 6" bikes available at the moment and soem of them are just ridiculously capable!

The Laperier zesty/spicy just flies.

Giants are pretty good (budget for a fork swap on some models to slacken the angles a bit). The reignX is absolutely imense. I can't jump but after about 30 seconds I just pointed it down a hill, hit a lip, took off, landed, looked back and thought WTF!

I'm looking for a '04-'06 enduro at the moment, got my eye on getting an old elite on ebay and planning to stick Z1's and a coil shock on it.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What DH Bike?’ is closed to new replies.