Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • What coffee do you Aeropress?
  • Spud

Current Break Fluid is very nice, but what are the coffee snobs of STW drinking?

bigblackshed

IKEA medium roast in the Aeropress.

#NotVerySnobbish

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cafenated

ElShalimo

Booths Monsoon Malabar

tetchypete
    Free Member

Currently Atkinsons of Lancaster Archetype but usually whatever Pact Coffee have sent me this week.

Jakester
    Free Member

I just use Waitrose own – currently the Papua New Guinean and Java.

colster808
    Free Member

Had a subscription to pact coffee for a while. Some of those were really nice. But now I tend to just use Starbucks house blend. Nice everyday cup.

mechanicaldope

Whatever is currently on offer at the Waitrose / Sainsburys / Tesco by work.

seadog101

Lavazza Rossi << If that’s all spelt wrong I don’t care

I know it’s an espresso grind, but I likes it.

mechanicaldope

[Quote]
    seadog101 – Member
    Lavazza Rossi << If that’s all spelt wrong I don’t care
    I know it’s an espresso grind, but I likes it.
    [/Quote]

This is the one I wouldn’t use again. Far too fine ground which made the plunger incredibly difficult to depress.

benman
    Free Member

Aldi’s single origin Java. Tried all sorts, but keep coming back to this.

molgrips
    Free Member

Whatever dark roast is in whatever shop I happen to be in.

I’m not organised enough to buy the same stuff all the time.

Far too fine ground

You’re buying it pre-ground? 😯

budgierider67

York Coffee Ebor Blend is great. They grind for Aeropress too.

kayak23

Whatever looks the cheapest at the time in any generic supermarket.
    Usually I get Aldi coffee. I like the one with the Zebra on it. I like Zebras.

Ambrose

Zebra flavoured coffee?

Funky!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Square Mile
    Cambpel and Syme
    Terrone
    Department of coffee and social affairs
    Momemtum
    The Barn Berlin
    Nude
    Drop
    Round hill
    Roasting party
    Amoungst others, usually Ethiopian, Rwandan Kenyan when it’s in season.

stevious

Whatever is coffee of the month at the Bean Shop in Perth and whatever other one sounds cool on their menu.

mechanicaldope

You’re buying it pre-ground?

Not very STW I know but get funny enough looks at work for not just using the instant they provide as it is. If I did it properly and installed a wood burner to roast my own beans over prior to grinding them between two millstones powered by enslaved Brexit voters, my boss may just have a word.

TimS
    Free Member

Red Lavazza. Quite fine ground (it’s as I’d use it for the stovetop), which is about 3 clicks back from the finest setting only grinder.

Grim
    Free Member

Guatamala Huehuetenango from Pumphrey’s Coffee. They are just down the road and have a great choice, they do mail order if you want to try them.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Hasbean subscription gets me good variety of stuff.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Try keep away from Blends, single origin FTW. As mentioned above, some good African coffee in season at the moment, if found in winter it’s likely to be from last years harvest (albeit freshly roasted.)

Some faves from Atkinsons in Lancaster, Square Mile (london) The Barn (Berlin) and Belleville Brûlerie (Paris). Most often have to mail order but I work in Paris and pass through London a lot so easy enough.

Red Bank roasters good shout too, roasted in Coniston, some great single origins.

lerk
    Free Member

Lavazza red for everyday here too…

Usually use an espresso grind in my aeropress using the inverted method

77ric
    Free Member

Waitrose monsooned malabar AA beans freshly ground in the rhino lite for fancy, or cafedirect machu pichu for everyday, two fantastic coffees.

Had some good coffees from both pact and also second city coffee, which I usually pick up at a farmers market nearby but can also order online.

Cougar

Whatever it was I picked up in Carrefour for like €2.49. L’Or or some such. It’s mega. We really are having our pants pulled down for coffee in the UK, the instant stuff is actually dearer en France.

flanagaj
    Free Member

+1

Occasionally push the boat out and go with the more expensive Lavazza offerings.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Hasbean for the weekend’s and then Lidl’s ( Guatemalan I think ) for the weekday morning wakeup coffee.

vongassit
    Free Member

Did not know what aeropress was 5 mins ago but now I do, definatley having a Victor Meldrew moment now.

grahamt1980

Go to is the Coffee Bean Shop – Hawaiian Kona.
    Have been trying a large number of different ones too.
    Jacu bird is lovely, Mount Everest Supreme is good too.
    Current one is a Grumpy Mule one but can’t remember which type as I have got it at work

rossburton
    Free Member

Whatever takes my fancy from Tugboat (http://www.tugboatteaandcoffee.co.uk). They fresh grind for aeropress and are just down the road for me, but they deliver.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Another Booths Monsoon Malabar here – well when I have been to a Booths and restocked 🙂

mattbee

Some organic single source beans my mate uses in his cafe, gives me a bag every month but I’ve no idea where it comes from. It’s a very earnest looking bag though and it tastes lovely. Somewhere around the middle on my cheap grinder.

convert

I have a rather momentous coffee problem at the moment I need to address. I get through a kilo of Rave Signature coffee every 2 weeks as well as my 250g Hasbean subscription also every 2 weeks. That’s 625g of coffee a week on my own, which might be an issue. I have previously been reserving the Hasbean for the espresso machine and using the Rave stuff for the aeropress and the cafetiere, but actually the Rave stuff that makes it to the espresso is pretty good so the subscription is going.

I order the Rave stuff through Amazon but direct from them paying the postage rather than the stuff Amazon has sitting on the shelf in the warehouse (for who knows how long). I did try Rave Chatswood but is was a bit over roasted for me. I used to use Lavazza red in the aeropress before I ground all of my own and in comparison it is very bitter.

As and when I get my problem under control I might get back searching for interesting single source coffees but at the moment is (bearable) quantity over quality.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Is this like ‘what do you bench press?’

Tell me it’s not? I think it is!

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

currently drinking coffee from passalacqua really enjoying this stuff at the moment.

2tyred

I get through a kilo of Rave Signature coffee every 2 weeks as well as my 250g Hasbean subscription also every 2 weeks. That’s 625g of coffee a week on my own, which might be an issue.

Wow!

Maybe if you went to sleep once in a while you might be able to cut down. Oh, I see the problem. 😀

Recent Rave convert here too (maybe not quite so much as you though). Tasty stuff and reasonably priced. Good bit cheaper than Glasgow’s Dear Green who charge quite a bit for postage, despite the fact I ride past the roastery (is that a word?) most days.

I like to stir for 15 secs or so then let it stand for a minute or two, but find with most pre-ground coffee you buy in regular shops it dribbles through the filter too quickly and you don’t really press that much. I know you can use the inverted method but I prefer using coffee ground for aeropress, and the Rave stuff is spot on.

I really should get a grinder though, eh? I’ve got a manual burr grinder but it takes forever.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Whatever Pact send me every 4 weeks.

nickc

In an aeropress? any old shit, as the plastic aeropress’ are made of will kill pretty much any taste out of coffee.

Useful bit of kit for hotel nights away, but I wouldn’t use it out of preference.

Nico
    Free Member

None. I stopped using my aeropress after a month or so. I persisted but it seems to be the Radiohead of coffee making.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Usually use an espresso grind in my aeropress using the inverted method

+ another

Buy beans in bulk from Amazon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What coffee do you Aeropress?’ is closed to new replies.