Home Forums Bike Forum What bb for ethirteen cranks?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What bb for ethirteen cranks?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

I’ve purchased these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/e-thirteen-trs-am-single-crankset/rp-prod109750

And need a bb to fit my standard threaded frame, 68mm. The cranks are 30mm dia axel.

The only bb I can see which fits is the ethirteen one. Anyone know of any others which are compatible?

shredder
    Free Member

Not E13 to start with ……………..ever !
    But Hope / Raceface now make 30mm BSA external BB’s for 30mm spindle crank sets.

One or two others like Rotor / B.O.R as well.

I had the E13 TRS c/set and went through two E13 bbs in lightning speed made of cheese.

Hope that helps.

theocb
    Free Member

As far as I know E thirteen only.
    They seem to last well ime.

theocb
    Free Member

But Hope / Raceface now make 30mm BSA external BB’s for 30mm spindle crank sets.

One or two others like Rotor / B.O.R as well.
    Interesting.. do these fit with no issues?? (raceface bb’s ime are to be avoided, have things changed now?)

I thought E 13 revised their BB’s quite a while back Shredder, I haven’t had any problems with mine.

shredder
    Free Member

I was told the same thing theocb that I had the revised BBs but they still failed in no time. Smaller bearings with poor sealing.

Bits I have read seem to suggest that Racface have improved but I think if it was my money it would be the Hope. Once again (cant find the thread on here now) it was reported they worked fine. I swapped out at the time and used the B.O.R one which was much better sealed.

edward2000
    Free Member

Shredder do you have a link to the BOR one you are referring to?

theocb
    Free Member

Cheers for the info.. my biggest worry with the crank was the BB interface and availability so good to know the Hope one should be good if my bearings start to play up.

shredder
    Free Member

@edward2000

B.0.R website

Had to buy it from here
    Bike24

Hope

But with postage on top you might be better looking at the Hope (it wasn’t available when I got mine.)

theocb
    Free Member

Had a bit of a search myself so I am assuming this Rotor threaded BB HERE should be good. Anyone have any experience of longevity with Rotor BB’s?

Some other possible options on THIS page too by the looks of things. They have the BOR a little cheaper mentioned by Shredder.
    Never used r2-bike.de myself though.

theocb
    Free Member

CRC also have the Rotor 30mm BB for £45

The E 13’s do have their 1 year no questions guarantee on the bearings though.

Edward please post up if you decide to go for something different with your fitting and use experience.. always handy for future ref. Thanks.

z1ppy

Not E13 to start with ……………..ever !

+1 silly small bearings, though shredder I thought they’re supposed to come with a “no-quibble” 1 year warranty now?

(Ps: Anyone want a 2nd hand set of cranks for a lot, lot less than £150… 😉 )

edward2000
    Free Member

Ok no problem, thanks for the info!

edward2000
    Free Member

Gone for the BOR, it’s about £60 with the postage

shredder
    Free Member

@ z1ppy they did but who wants constant downtime whilst they die and waiting for a new one.

fd3chris
    Free Member

What model cranks Zippy and condition/ price each etc mate?

akak
    Free Member

I did warranty my first E13 bb after 9 months but with Wiggle they just credited it and I already had bought the replacement so there was no down time. I think the main issue is corrosion on the bearing races and I have noticed that the importer isn’t bringing in the base model bb any more they only have the plus version which is possibly a response to the number of warranty units?

neilforrow

I have got two sets of e13 cranks and run the BOR bb with one and the new raceface bb for the other.

Both are lasting well, but the BOR one has lasted better than any bb I have owned.

Velobrands used to bring BOR kit into the UK, could be worth giving them a shout.

Sanny
    Free Member

To be honest, I would send them back to CRC for a credit and buy something that works. They have the worst bb I have ever used. Tiny bearings, water gets in easily, play after a handful of rides. If they used decent sized bearings, I might be tempted to revisit them but they don’t so I won’t. 😕

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What bb for ethirteen cranks?’ is closed to new replies.