Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What 22" ish monitor?
  • geoffj

I have no idea what some of the acronyms mean (IPS?) give me some help here please folks.
    It’s for using as a second screen for an iMac if that is going to make a difference.

How about this – http://www.ebuyer.com/284104-lg-ips225v-lcd-led-21-5-hdmi-monitor-ips225v-bn

or this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ilyama-E2208HDD-inch-1080p-Monitor/dp/B003GXEWEI

TIA

craigxxl
    Free Member

Try this I have a couple and they are great for the price.

geoffj

Thanks Craig. How stable are they? With price being pretty similar I’m looking at build quality and stability to try and decide between them. Ta

craigxxl
    Free Member

Much better than last Iiyama monitor I had, no dead pixels, flicker or any other negatives.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Samsung monitors are pretty good. I’ve had one three or four years and my dad’s had one longer. Nice crisp picture and no dead/stuck pixels on either so far.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

IPS is supposed to be a better quality screen than TN. I had one at work and was so impressed I got the LG IPS one above, in 23″ format, and its been great. Theres various comparisons on the net. I think all Apple stuff uses IPS screens.

afrothunder88

IPS = in plane switching. Its meant to be a lot better at displaying colours accurately and with no colour shift (when you move around looking at a TN based monitor the colours change, that’s colour shift).

If you do alot of photo editing then I’d go for the LG IPS, it’s pretty well regarded.

Downsides are higher input lag, usually on noticeable if you’re a serious gamer, and occasionally if you have lots of fast motion on screen you cab sometimes see motion trails.

rickmeister

Went to Comet for a manager special ex display 36″ tv… works great as a monitor …..£200…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What 22" ish monitor?’ is closed to new replies.