Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • what 140mm, 20mm axle, tapered steerer, air sprung fork?
  • brakes
    Free Member

I’ve not bought a pair of forks for a long while, last new ones were in 2006. latest were a pair of Revelations but they were second hand.
    don’t need travel adjust. to go on a Stumpjumper FSR.
    so what’s out there for <£500 new?

jonathan
    Free Member

I think there’s a 140mm group test coming up in the next issue of the mag…. if you can wait that long.

brakes
    Free Member

ah excellent.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

xFusion velvet DLA.

all good, all new (ish)

P20

If you can run 15mm and don’t mind older forks, there’s some deals on fox floats kicking about

brakes
    Free Member

would prefer not to have Fox as I don’t like the linear feel of them.
    15mm would open up more options, but I’d have to change hub.

br
    Free Member

Happy with my Thor’s, and I believed they are lightened for 2012.

tthew

Left of field choice, Suntour Durolux. Linky.

steezysix
    Free Member

Rockshox Sektor? Ticks all the boxes and a very good price.

billysan
    Free Member

Another vote for Thors here.

rhysw
    Free Member

Has to be Fox Floats

brakes
    Free Member

so is the Sektor what the Revelation used to be?
    Will check out the Maguras too.

RustyMac

Sector is more of a combination of the recon and pike forks, kind of a solo air version of the Rev.

For your money you could get a top of the line Revelation fork from Merlin, only difference would be the 15mm axle rather than 20mm. You can reduce the travel to 140mm with the addition of all travel spaces internally.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Frame++Forks/Forks++Shocks/Rockshox+Suspension+Forks/list.htm

You couls also try contacting Si at Loco Tuning and see what he could offer you, i would think he would be able to shorten the travel on the fork to suit prior to him sending them out too.

brakes
    Free Member

I think I might just have to get the Revs off Merlin and bite the bullet with a new 15mm hubbed wheel – to be honest, the wheel I’m using is 8 years old and is probably due for replacement anyway.

mildred

If you did go down the 15mm hub route have a look at the 2011 marzocchi 44 rc3ti on CRC. Brilliant fork with 3 year warranty. I’m loving mine.

brakes
    Free Member

used to love Marzocchi forks and still have two old pairs that are still going strong but was really put off when they changed from open bath and everything went wrong. would need convincing that they’re reliable again, regardless of warranty.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I have a Suntour Durolux, it seems really good for the cash though I haven’t thrashed it that hard yet. Its more of a Lyrik / Domain competitor than Revelation or Sektor, as it goes up to 180mm travel and the stanchions are 35 or 36mm.

mildred

Brakes, the rc3 ti are open bath. I think all issues regarding reliability were sorted from late 2009 early 2010 onwards. I have some 66 rc3ti & the 44’s and they’re lovely.

ash.addy
    Free Member

+3 for Thors and I have a set of 2010 for sale if you’re interested.

nedrapier

crotchrocket: how are you getting on with the x fusion velvets?

and brakes – what did yougo for in the end? While you’re on, there’s a “bakes .” on Strava who pops up on some of the same segments as me on my commute. Is that you?

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

another vote for thors, mine are for sale too (don’t really want to sell them but need the cash)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-prices-reduced-again-magura-thor-size-ten-5-10-impacts-magura-mt6-brakes

matt

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Really like my Thors too – but they are very linear indeed.

Northwind

Go directly to a Revelation or Sektor, do not pass go.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘what 140mm, 20mm axle, tapered steerer, air sprung fork?’ is closed to new replies.