Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Went for a size too small and I love it! (Warning BFe content)
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Got a Cotic Bfe recently from 18bikes (Cheers Si!!!) and built it up with some parts I had lying around at home.

I've had it out on a few runs and I love it – slightly smaller than my medium Soul but feels really good and different enough to know I made the right choice. Used it for Downhill, Shore and even some XC and all have been fun(except I'm missing the Granny ring on some of the steeper climbs). Corners really well, carrys speed nicely and feels right in the air.

I'd love to get some Lyriks but can't afford them just yet – on the whole was well worth it. 🙂

jimmyshand
    Free Member

I dinnae get it.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

what don't you get?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jimmy??? Keen to know what you mean

Vortexracing

looks good, welcome to the Cotic owners club.

They are very good DH with a 160mm fork on. get a u turn for maximum flexibility

Get saving for that lyrik 😆

househusband

I went down a size (large down to medium) when I got a BFe as a warranty replacement when the BFe first came out! Made sense for what I had in mind for it – back to a large Soul now.

(Cy took note that several folk were doing this, and the second batch of BFe frames he ordered were small and medium (well, 18" rather than 17.5") rather than S/M/L – but he's back to three sizes now.)

kelvin

I've ridden a small BFe (my own bike is a large Soul) up at Dales Bike Centre and it seriously rocked. I now want one for "not all day" rides.

[disclaimer – I am very biased]

lock
    Free Member

i want to av a go.

looks good

IHN

Looks nice. And if you get bored of it, Annabelle can have it 🙂

jimmyshand
    Free Member

If you want a jump bike get a jump bike. A wrong sized bike will always be a very very poor substitute.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

It's a lovely ride and I'm actually starting to like it more than my Soul.

Jimmy – I don't want a specific jump bike so that's why I didn't get one. I wanted something that could be moved around easier than my current bike and its exactly what I got and its a hoot!

Gotama
    Free Member

I agree with Bush although i'm sure it opens up a whole can of worms, will be shot down in flames and its a discussion thats been run many times before on here. I'm 6ft 3 and ride the 18" alpine. Our average day in the surrey hills tends to be riding up the fireroads, seat down at the top and then hoofing down the singletrack as fast as possible taking on the few in trail jumps/drops along the way. I think we're pretty quick on the ups, not race snake fast but a long way from granny ring spin all the way. I had a 20" 456 before the alpine and it felt like riding a gatepost on the way down, good bike but the size just wasn't for me.

I think it depends on where you live and the climbs/riding you do. If you're on for an all day epic in the lakes then i would agree, a 'correct' fitting bike would be better as the alpine would be uncomfortable. However for the short climbs we do i will happily accept a more cramped position to have the smaller, more maneuverable bike on the way down.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Bushwacked – Member
    It's a lovely ride and I'm actually starting to like it more than my Soul.

Jimmy – I don't want a specific jump bike so that's why I didn't get one. I wanted something that could be moved around easier than my current bike and its exactly what I got and its a hoot!

Well you've got some nerve…fancy enjoying a bike you selected then paid for with your own money! 😉

How much does the whole shebang weigh?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Will weigh it later and let you know.

Gotama – that's what its for – hoofing! My soul if all dayers 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Went for a size too small and I love it! (Warning BFe content)’ is closed to new replies.