Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Well – I got my 1970's Omega Constellation fixed…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

or buying a £3000 bicycle when a £400 one will do the job just as well.

It won't though. It'll be worse to ride, won't last as long, be heavier and break more easily.

The above watch does its job worse than a cheap casio. In much the same way as a niche singlespeed does its job worse than a real bike 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Watches are about style rather than just function.

+1

glenh
    Free Member

What is an Omega?

What's the point in having a watch that gains half a second a day?
    Any cheap crappy phone will be 100% spot on, and go forward/back at the relevant times of year without having to be told to.

Woody
    Free Member

I remember the original thread too and definitely money well spent.

Lovely watch.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

Ignore them Derek, it looks great, I've just had my 1965 Constellation refurbished, looks like new it does.

oddjob
    Free Member

Nice. I really like the noise that those tuning fork watches make too. I have one of these, but it is a nightmare getting batteries for it and they only last a few months. Hence it sits in a drawer and I wear something else.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I've never understood that **** on here that bang on about "ooh, get a £10 casio, does the job beter and cheaper"………why do you need a 3 grand bike? ok the kit may be better but can you really justify the price considering how good a rider you are?

probably not, get over yourself

edit: that's a lovely Omega by the way

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Well – I got my 1970's Omega Constellation fixed…’ is closed to new replies.