Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 28.2.11 – 6.3.11 – Trains
  • Trains this week.
    Ideally, you want a picture of your bike with a train in the background.
    I know that could be very difficult for some people, so, make it anything railway related if that makes it easier.

A reminder of the rules.
    You can interpret the theme as loosely as you want. A Hornby train or a distant railway viaduct is fine, but the idea is to get you out on your bike riding somewhere different for a change, not to search through your My Pictures folder. The picture must be taken this week, up to midnight on Sunday.

MrSparkle

That’s this weeks night ride route planned then…

redthunder
    Free Member

Today

Thread anticipation and taken on Sunday…. [Rule Breach…Kill Me Now] 😉

GRAEMEJONES

🙂I win first proper post ! 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

@GRAEMEJONES

I win first proper post !

No it aint. I have a railway track in the first pic 🙂 I couldn’t be arsed to weight for one to come along.

GRAEMEJONES

Doh, ok 🙁
    Thats an impressive bridge in the background ( behind your track :-))Mine was taken at the Crewe Heritage Centre, just a minor detour on the way home.
    I’ll try harder next time!

redthunder
    Free Member

@GRAEMEJONES

No probs.. It’s only fun.

The bridge is the Second Severn Crossing and footpath [cough cheeky trail] crosses the track.

I’ve had a couple of close call s on that track, the trains sneak up on you 🙁

GRAEMEJONES

I might be in with a chance of first post if the subject was Luxury car makers ! 😛

maxray
    Free Member

Best commute of the year so far! Actual daylight by the end which was a novelty 😀

Overlooking Hatton Station for those that care… Missed a passing train by seconds.. dam! 🙂

Img challenge 280211 by Sush Kelly, on Flickr

_tom_
    Free Member

Will try to find something better but here’s my pic very loosely based on the theme!

It’s on a converted old railway line called Brampton Valley Way and this bit used to be a crossing. I think there are some bridges further along but it was quite muddy so will revisit on my mtb!

downgrade
    Free Member

Kept missing the trains, so just railways here:

The next stop is Kinghorn by Michael (ffcnimmo), on Flickr

The next stop is Burntisland by Michael (ffcnimmo), on Flickr

The next stop is Aberdour by Michael (ffcnimmo), on Flickr

DeeJay
    Free Member

Risked life and limb and stopped on a busy roundabout to get these on my way to work 😉 – Darlington has a bit of history with trains . . . . .

redthunder
    Free Member

@deejay

Big bike or little train 😉

Great pix 🙂 Next photo challenge dangerous roundabouts 🙂

domino

No trains but bikes at Skipton train station for the start of our 2 day ride from Kirkby Stephen back to Skipton

redthunder
    Free Member

Skipton station… that’s so quaint 🙂

DeeJay
    Free Member

@ redthunder

Big bike or little train

Well it is a Giant 🙄

DeeJay
    Free Member

Got some full size trains on todays ride 😉

click pic’s for a few more

toaster93
    Free Member

To this on my phone as a point and shoot aaaargh take a picture moment, I was intending to get the front of the train, but the shutter delay was that bad I completely missed. No bikes though sorry 😳

z1ppy

As the next train came as we were half way round the monkey trail, it’s a good reason why you’ve only got the midlands most famous mtb rail crossing, but no train (surprised it’s not been up already).

Done these small, so we fit on the page :mrgreen:

the zipmyster by z1ppy2, on Flickr

Konadale by z1ppy2, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Video Next to bore you all with.

rOcKeTdOg

too easy, i have a mainline at the bottom of my garden,….hmm i’m gonna have to get creative

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Ahhh the APT graham Jones, not 2 mile from where I live 😀

redthunder
    Free Member

@rocketdog

I live opposite a station. Sometimes geometry trains come in… scoop pix 🙂 I’m sure you see them all the time 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

The Movie…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/RedThunderMTB#p/a/u/0/09t3beJCuAA[/video]

redthunder
    Free Member

The Movie… The train in in slow motion. The 66′ s have a unique engine tone, all day outside of the Diesel Depot they were.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09t3beJCuAA&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

muddy bike on a clean train

rOcKeTdOg

I get them EWS trains too, take about 5 minutes to pass they are so long, spooky at night as they are not lit like the passenger coaches

GRAEMEJONES

@ John Rowlands.
    Also about 2 miles from where I live!Towards Maw Green/ Duck pond area. 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

and another…

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Graham Jones: Not far from you, literally the other side of sydney bridge. 😀

Trekster

Dumfries railway station;

Took that and these on my way out to Mabie.
    The signal and bridge are on the old “Paddy Line” which ran from Dumfries to Stranraer where people got the ferry to Ireland. The bed of the old railway is now the Caledonian Cyle Way, part of a Sustrans route passing through the D&G.cycle way info
    Info. Used to service the Directors car way back a bit…………and drink in his bars, really nice hotel now a Waterstones

This is a bridge over the river Nith, trains from Glasgow and the North travel over this.

Picked this up on the way home after having ripped the tyre and fitted a new tube 👿 Farmers cutting hedges 😈

njee20
    Free Member

Nice shots of the 66s!

epicyclo

davesmate
    Free Member

05032011 by Daves mate, on Flickr

05032011_001 by Daves mate, on Flickr

brakes
    Free Member

distinct lack of trains in some of these photos…

z1ppy

unfortunately I think there be a distinct lack of photo’s in this thread, if we’d stuck to purely train’s

rOcKeTdOg

no time to be creative so at the end of today’s ride i popped to the bottom of my garden

photo challenge by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

h4muf
    Free Member

redthunder
    Free Member

@rocket

YOu got all that at the end of your garden… and you missed the front of the train or back 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

I always liked the old BR wagons 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 28.2.11 – 6.3.11 – Trains’ is closed to new replies.