Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 1.8.11 – 7.8.11 – New Trails
  • New Trails this week.
    Trail centre or bridleway, it doesn’t matter, as long as you have never ridden it before.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably

I rode this for the first time today.

My commute takes me through a nature reserve on Sustrans Route 45.
    I normally exit via the car park on to the road.
    I’d noticed another path further down the road by the golf course before, so went looking for the other end of it today.
    Depending on how much golf course cheekiness I can get away with, I reckon I could miss out the road altogether. 😀

CheesybeanZ

topic suggestion for next week, bikes on hay bales , out in the field or in a barn .

You need to post a picture before you can suggest a theme. 😉

I’d pretty much decided on going with last weeks suggestion of home made signs anyway.
    “Free Range Eggs”, “No Turning”, “Plums For Sale”, that sort of thing.
    I was going to award added bonus point’s for incorrect use of apostrophe’s as well. 😀

sunkenvilla
    Free Member

Pictures from my recent new ride/trail. Graeme Jones, Noel Fisher and myself went to Church Stretton to do the climb up to Long Mynd and then back down again via Minton Batch.

Setting off.

Still some distance to go..

Proudly made it up here, even though I pushed my bike more than rode it. Mr Jones has a much better picture than this where I’m collapsed in the heather.

At Pole Bank.

Before setting off down the very fun Minton Batch.

After Minton Batch. Took a corner too fast trying to keep up with Mr Jones and caught an edge. Over the bars I went and bike landed on top of me. Ah well, still great fun.

stgeorge

Did the new Verderers trail in the FOD for the first time yesterday – great fun for a blue.

So that’s one cheeky, one bridleway and one trail centre.
    A good mix so far. 😀

GRAEMEJONES

As requested above ^^^^^ 😀

Looking up Carding Mill Valley towards Long Mynd.

A couple of sections of the newly resurrected Old Pale at Delamere.

Not that it really needs it, but I’ll second the Homemade signs for next week. 😀

woody2000

Graeme – is it odd perspective, or has that on-one got a 29″ rear and a 26″ front??

GRAEMEJONES

No, you’re right, just a wonky camera angle, sorry. 😳

OCB
    Free Member

Blimey, it’s tough this week – I’m going to have to put a bike in the truck to get anything. (That’ll be driving to ride for the first time this year).

There are tracks locally that some of my bikes haven’t ridden on I ‘spose I could maybe use as a fall back, but I’ve been poking about these ole’ lanes on one bike or another for so long now (owing to my great age / time spent riding trials), that I honestly can’t think of any that I’ve not ridden at some point … 😯

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Less than 10 miles from my house, but somehow this lovely trail has been sat in by blind spot for years. Not any longer 🙂

Didn’t have a camera with me at the time, so I’ve improvised…

DeeJay
    Free Member

This trail was new to the bike and the bloke – and very enjoyable it was too!

Osmotherley 5-8-11 by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

OCB
    Free Member

I was about to give up on this weeks challenge, when I suddenly remembered a bit of parkland / woodland that I’d never ridden; surrounded by housing in one the local towns. It’s certainly all footpath, so this was a quick drive for a stolen ride in the quickening gloom (and as it turned out, in the torrential rain).

As a reward for my poaching, the bike and I acquired more sticky, stinky dog shit than even I thought possible, (and I’ve picked enough of it up in my time, I don’t mind telling you). There must have been tons of it in there, and it flicked up everywhere. 😯

rOcKeTdOg

Alvechurch to Warwick via the North Stratford and Grand Union canal then tacked on another 57 miles to make a loop home, 70 in total, horrible headwinds and torrential rain at times

view from the bridge by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

view from the bars by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

every good ride needs one by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

GRAEMEJONES

OCB, sometimes you can give us too much information, 😯 , it’s nice to see such dedication to the cause though! A damn good effort sir. 😀

bob_summers

This is an old fave with some new bits tacked on. Last half was in darkness which made it feel completely unfamiliar (and spooky, was out solo). 35km loop from Tolosa, basque country with 1700m climbing.

Sunset over Cantabrian Coast

Vista from Mt Uli. Sierra de Aralar in the background, Txindoki being the triangular peak to the right, supposed home of the Basque goddess Mari (Yeti added for scale 😉 )

CraigW
    Free Member

Spotted this track today, looks like it has been built fairly recently. So followed it to see where it went, only about 500m up the hill, presumably for stalking.

Militant_biker

Saw this on the local ride and couldn’t resist! Unfortunately, I only had a sweaty old iPhone with me…

rOcKeTdOg

Are those guys triplets?

OCB
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg:
    70 in total

A decent ride there – that’s 100x the distance I managed to squeeze in.

GRAEMEJONES
    OCB, sometimes you can give us too much information, , it’s nice to see such dedication to the cause though! A damn good effort sir.

Ha ha, thanks, there was more than enough of it to share around!
    (‘Twas fun enough, but shan’t be riding in there again methinks). 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

everythings new here, the trail, the bike and the whole kind of riding.

Garry_Lager

Late for this one – there’s not too many trails in the Pentlands I’ve not ridden, but found this wee gnadgery descent today, running out onto a well dodgy bridge:

It was a bit pish tbh, but new nonetheless. Pentlands underwater today, this was Green Cleugh (bit on the right normally a path):

matt_outandabout

^ because the trails were like this, I went canoeing tonight, on a new section of river…does that count? River Lochay (Killin) ROCKS!!!

(not my pic BTW)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 1.8.11 – 7.8.11 – New Trails’ is closed to new replies.